Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IC support bracket fabrication

Hi,

I want to replicate these brackets on Sonic's car however what is the technical term of the metal used to make the bracket? I don't know the terminilogy of the round bar with flat ends to search

Thats a good looking solution... i like it!

But i would use thin wall 15mm Tube, cut it to the right lenght and then just use a Press or a Vise. Drill the hole, Done!

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
    Hi,

I want to replicate these brackets on Sonic's car however what is the technical term of the metal used to make the bracket? I don't know the terminilogy of the round bar with flat ends to search

Comment

Carsten excellent advice many thanks

Comment

I have been watching this thing on German ebay and not had a chance to search the part number to actually see what it's off, but looks like it would do the job...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1108748586...9#ht_500wt_950
        Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lupo911 View Post
          Thats a good looking solution... i like it!

But i would use thin wall 15mm Tube, cut it to the right lenght and then just use a Press or a Vise. Drill the hole, Done!
          Exactly how it was done
          S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Can you remember if the bolt holes on the IC are M6 or M4 Sonic / Carson at the side?

Comment

Originally posted by Tonks4x4 View Post
              I have been watching this thing on German ebay and not had a chance to search the part number to actually see what it's off, but looks like it would do the job...

No idea what it's off, but it would need some serious reworking to set the support bar at the right height to mount a cooler. It would be easier to make the cross member from two stainless plates and a length of stainless box section.

I'm just about to make one for my car, so I'll probably bang out a few to sell on to forum members.
              91 Modded 3B
              14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Audi V6 coupe crossmember may possibly be suitable with slight mods as it would sit below the intercooler...worth a look

Comment

Originally posted by chezz View Post
                  Audi V6 coupe crossmember may possibly be suitable with slight mods as it would sit below the intercooler...worth a look
                  that works well with the ebay intercoolers. If you check threads by martinjs you will see he used one once before.

Comment

This thread isn't about the intercooler cross member guys

Comment

I have a few made up around mine, just like Carsten sugested

Chef

Comment

those brackets are common on sapphire cosworth bumpers and some early audi coupes as i've got some currently.

And it was just one link that was posted. Its not like it was a major thread drift like some of the threads on here.

Comment

Originally posted by terrybullwon View Post
                          I have a few made up around mine, just like Carsten sugested

Believe it not b&q have the Ali round pipe in cheap I'm planning a trip
                          EBay and then p&p is not cheaper

Comment

Originally posted by Tonks4x4 View Post

its off an a4 should be 8D0 (zero) and not o as in the listing

Comment

i just used some ally strips and bent them to shape.

a means to an end.

Comment

Working...
                              X