• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tig welder arc welder plasma cutter

hope this is in the right section

anyone got/used one of these or have any opinions on it

http://www.amazon.co.uk/tig-welder-p...6950932&sr=1-8

I'm thinking of getting one over the next week or so but not sure if its a good model or a waste of money.

Well as a reference my Butters unit was a cheap one and cost £1550 new with pedal. It welds beautifully for what it is but has its limitations if trying to use it all the time on big jobs as it just gets too hot on the torch. If I look at my mates water cooled miller for £3.5k it turns his welding from looking good using mine to looking like it was done by a machine when using the miller.
    When I originally looked at buying a unit his biggest warning was that the market was flooded with cheap chinese units where the internal electronics are just not upto the job and have a habit of failing if used for any sort of use beyond the odd little job.
    UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

http://www.rapidwelding.com/ buy some proper unit.. they does have some.

Comment

Some good deals on they website. I know 2 people who make manifolds and one uses the Rtech machine and the other uses one of the thermal arc machines as supplied by the above people, he does those zetec turbo manifolds they they all use Pete which don't seem to fall apart !

Next investment has got to be one for the workshop, fed up of paying people to do tig work !

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnybravo View Post
          Some good deals on they website. I know 2 people who make manifolds and one uses the Rtech machine and the other uses one of the thermal arc machines as supplied by the above people, he does those zetec turbo manifolds they they all use Pete which don't seem to fall apart !

Next investment has got to be one for the workshop, fed up of paying people to do tig work !
          Mines for sale in the for sale section open to offers
          UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Cheers JP, I'll speak to my partner in crime but it's possibly more than we can afford right now.

Sounds like a nice bit of kit though !

Comment

Always open to sensible offers at the end of the day its sat there doing nothing.
              UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Working...
              X