My 3 incher!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 3 incher!

just finished making my 3 inch system the other day, together with screamer pipe which to be honest I dont like, so I'm going to direct it into the downpipe as normal

I welded it using oxy acetylene and stick for the flanges, its not the neatest of welding but its held together very well

my backbox which has the only silencer on the system

the bit over the rear driveshaft is fine when you've got the angles right,

I managed to use the original gearbox mount / hanger, aswell to brace the downpipe next to the flexi

I also got my big reds on aswell which are great, much much better than standard S2 calipers

heres a vid of the screamer pipe in action,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOAh8lTNCxk

the exhaust is loud but not too bad, it sounds great, but when that wastegate opens up its too much, it will sound much better with it connected to the downpipe so will be doing that when I get the time soon, I've spent enough time under the car to last me a few weeks

heres a pic of my new bike for good measure its the cause of me not getting another ecu yet

Good job! Mine looks almost the same but with Magnaflow mufflers and sound is godlike!!

Comment

Looks really good, well done.Where do you have the screamer exiting now? Straight down?

Comment

cheers lads, yeah it just goes straight down, it does sound good when you get the revs up but it frightens the pedestrians it sounds like a chopper though mid range

Comment

Sounds mean and a good bit of fabrication there
          Stuart
          B2 90 quattro with boost

Comment

I fitted a screamer pipe along with my 3" system, just way too rash, I always liked the 5 cylinder noise, but with the screamer fitted it just made NOISE, not nice at all.

http://youtu.be/oFPsgQVJIiQ

Ivan

Comment

nice gas gas...

Comment

Originally posted by byd1380 View Post
                I fitted a screamer pipe along with my 3" system, just way too rash, I always liked the 5 cylinder noise, but with the screamer fitted it just made NOISE, not nice at all.

http://youtu.be/oFPsgQVJIiQ

Ivan
                nice vid

Comment

i run an open wastegate on my A4, sounds the ******** after 5k
                  1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
                  1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
                  BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

To be honest mate i have seen tig welds far worse than that! Good job!
                    Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more picĀ“s of my cars

Comment

Working...
                    X