Argon regulator / cylinder thread standard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argon regulator / cylinder thread standard

I've just got a lovely new bottle of argon, but its got a new style side entry valve on it, my regulator is a vertical entry one, with a pea shooter coming off it, so i can;t run it sideways. Heres a pic next to my normal BOC argoshield cylinder.

I've found one of these adapters which look like they'll do the business.

Just want to check that 5/8 BSP is the standard and it will fit? Can anyone confirm?

Cheers
    Alex

Oh, and for anyone in the midlands try Energas / Engweld for your gas. Just got a midi size bottle of Argon (same as BOC Y-size) £41 + VAT and only £5 a month cylinder rental - bargain!
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Yes 5/8 BSP is correct for standard bottle fitting, price not too bad probably works out the same as a BOC size W just without the hassle of having a 6ft+ bottle that weighs over 50kg, the £10 monthly rental and £100 to fill each time!
    Probably the longet S2 project in history EVER!

Comment

Cool thanks dude. I already spoke to my local place who confirmed that was the right fitting but don't stock the adapter

Here is the list of Engweld branches
      http://www.engweld.co.uk/branches.php
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I'm paying £70 + vat for my Argon refills (20ltrs @ 200Bar) not sure how that compares to BOC prices? I paid a one off fee of £70 for the bottle that's refundable when it's returned.
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

20L @ 200bar = approx 4m3
          BOC Y-size is approx 5m3 - by the time you've paid VAT & collection fee BOC comes to £88 odd.

So pretty similar except you don't pay the cylinder rental
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
          X