No announcement yet.

rollcage/pipe benders? what you using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rollcage/pipe benders? what you using?

i was wondering what roll cage/pipe benders y`all are using?

are you purchase or hiring them, and to what costs?

cheers, Sean
    1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
    1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
    BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Bolt on screwable from http://www.wiechers-sport.de/

Comment

i cant read German my friend

only english bit i can see is catalog request

Sean.

Comment

Due to enormous cost of shipping for a bender i made one myself.It is manual operated(hydraulic cylinder can be adapted if needed)
        The only problem i had was calculating anti-spring bar in relation to bending bar and travel of both
        It cost about 300 gbp +my labour and a family member for making the center of the bender(my lathe can not work with 400mm diameter)
        This is the only way i found to bend a tube to be FIA aprooved.This principle is used also by cnc bending tools.But not the bender seems to be the problem,calculating where to start bending is important.I had some info about that maybe i will find them.

Regards,
        Attached Files

Comment

genius, i like the pipe bender matey

agreed about cost!

i can buy a cage for my A4 FIAcompetition spec 12 point weld in for £998............... not worth messing about is it lol

as much as i would love to make everything, sometimes pays to buy stuff lol

Comment

I will give them to do my roll cage http://www.rnjmotorsport.co.uk/ .They told me will cost about £850 for my coupe drag cage FIA aprooved 9s -10s car.I think is very good price.

Comment

If you will do only 1 car rollcage will not worth buying/making a bender.Also you will need tools for notching,seamless steel tube,a good mig/tig and a lot of time.
              But you can also get some money back offering services to others.
              But again,rollcage for my cq was aprox 700 eur and shipping about 500
              That is the reason i prefer to make things myself.But,now i discovered that under 100 eur a Romanian spedition company got me home a racing seat,a main rollbar and a box with toys from sandtler(north-west Germany).Germans quoted aprox 300 eur for shipping.Maybe now that i found a way to get things shipped cheaper i will stop making things for myself because most of the times does not worth.But what to do when i need goods from States?
              Attached Files

Comment

i will give them a shout for the cage, cheers matey

that is good then, cheap shipping!

Comment

I make a lot of external cages and tube bumpers for off road vehicles.
                  You wont go far wrong with one of these:
                  http://www.trick-tools.com/JD2_Model...7#.UHMZYY7d4hM

We got ours from the above company and there service was flawless. Don't forget to factor in the import duty and VAT if you order one from the states.

Paul.

Comment

if you don't mind taking your time you could always go old school and sand load the tube and heat it to bend. Can make some pretty intricate shapes that a bender would not be able to do so easily.
                    Takes a little time and practice to get used to moving the heat along as you go but it's just technique.
                    Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

QuattroFever
                      i used to have to make a lot of exhausts "fit" cars from crap suppliers and the sand method worked excelent i will admit

Paul,
                      spending £5-600 on summat im only gonna use once, i think i may be better off buying a cage ready made for £7-800

Although......... i am going to ask if anyone wants work done by me before i make a choice

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper_Avant View Post
                        Paul,
                        spending £5-600 on summat im only gonna use once, i think i may be better off buying a cage ready made for £7-800

Although......... i am going to ask if anyone wants work done by me before i make a choice
                        Can't say I blame you.
                        I assume you already know, but for others reading the thread who may not, don't be tempted to use the machine mart/sealey push type benders as they just oval/flatten the tubing so badly that little kids will laugh at your cage as you drive past......

Paul.

Comment

sounds stupid but what i have done in the past (and future to that) is mesure the inside and get idear on a size of the inside, mesure a loads or cars in side, hit ebay and get a 2nd hand cage and make it fit,
                          When i was building my last skyline (R34 4 door) every one wanted 1k+ for a custom cage for it, i used a BMW E36 cage, only had to trim the hoop dowm and make the turrets that is sat on,
                          you would not even know it was not for the car,

lance
                          Boost is what makes the world go round.......!

Comment

Working...
                          X