audi A8 D2 fuel pump bracket .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• audi A8 D2 fuel pump bracket .

I know that it is not 2.2 20vt engine , s2, or something strictly connected with 99% cars on forum , but I must share my agony with you.
    fuel pump on Dad's A8 D2 die at monday. today we get new one.
    it must be VDO 405 052 002 001Z.
    NEWER buy some other cheep shitt from ebay, because your car will knot use fuel from 2. side of fuel tank.
    everybody who try to fix fuel pump bracket in the a8 d2 know what kind of agony,disappointment, fury it is.. you can fix it in 5 minutes or 6 hours, you newer know. like a Russian roulette.
    well after 2 hours of trying to put bracket at place, I decide to make it in urS6 way, or 200 20v. fuuckk off audi a8 style fuel pump bracket.

here is like it look in OEM shape !

after few movement of saw it was in 2 pieces !

after that you need new fuel lines, for high pressure (8mm) and return (10mm). it must be 10-15cm longer than OEM.

after this modifications, I need 15 minutes to take them out and back in.
    now I'm 1000000% sure that fuel pump will work perfect and FUEL GAUGE will show good value of fuel inside the thank.
    finally here is a recipe for good A8/S8 D2.
    tomorrow I will post more pictures of what kind of bolt have to be replaced with OEM one !
    regards
    Igor

like I said here is a few more photo of explanation .
    this is OEM shape !

cut it here where is green line !

OEM M8 bolt have to be replaced with this M8, use 2 nut to make a stop position on M8 bolt.

on the other side where is green line cut M8 bolt. it must be few cm further to be sure .

cut OEM bolt and drill it to make a M8 nut with it. OEM bolt have rubber seal on it, must be there to stop fuel steam went out.

put everithing at place and enjoy in ride with A8.
    I hope that my thread will help somebody.

COPY / PASTE this thread on other audi forums.
    best regards
    Igor

Comment

Does the pump clip in its basket like a b5?
      BEAST '90 CQ 24v VRT / O1E / v8 rear, HOLSET SUPER 40 http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtop...1&t=193#p37887
      DD '86 4kq BLAZE, swapping aba/16vT and O1E http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtop...1&t=201#p38264

Comment

Working...
      X