No announcement yet.

Wanting to fix an 01E gearbox into my UR Quattro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In that case, I'm looking forward to seeing the results, I keep thinking of upgrading my GT3071 to a GTX
    sigpic
    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

I've read loads on it. From what I see the gtx3071r has a couple of hundred rpm more lag than the gt3071 but should be good for 30bhp more at the top end with good anti surging properties. I actually found my old gt3071 that I ran on my 10vt and so am going to try that in my sierra cosworth because until you've run a T4 in one of those you really don't know the meaning of lag!
      *1986 ur quattro,2.5 stroker
      *1995 Nogaro Blue RS2,Md357
      *1991 RR 20v quattro
      *2000 Nogaro Blue RS4,RS6 turbos,tubulars,custom 3" downpipes,Miltek,FMIC,big injectors,RS6 big brakes,RNS-E satnav/TV,592bhp/600lbs

Comment

Originally posted by DamoM View Post
        Hi Darren! It's been a while! The gtx3071r went on the 20vt today.

[ATTACH]40718[/ATTACH]

Bit of a squeeze!
        I reckon that will fit the bill..... Mine is now a gt3071.82 it feels so much better for it. CR were happy to fit a GTX wheel to it but I would rather do it a bit at a time to actually measure the differences... All in good time. Anyway we must get that meet sorted..

Comment

How much did CR quote to fit the GTX wheel, they told me it couldn't be done
          sigpic
          1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
          1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
          1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Also, looking at them side by side they have a different compressor housing?
            *1991 RR 20v quattro
            *2000 Nogaro Blue RS4,RS6 turbos,tubulars,custom 3" downpipes,Miltek,FMIC,big injectors,RS6 big brakes,RNS-E satnav/TV,592bhp/600lbs

Comment

Originally posted by AndyP View Post
              How much did CR quote to fit the GTX wheel, they told me it couldn't be done
              To be honest I didn't get a quote as it wasn't of interest at the time. It was more of a conversation thing where Craig said he could up grade it to a GTX wheel if I wanted at some point.

In truth I can't see why it can't be done the compressor wheel doesn't change in overall size they just remove more material... Is my understanding......

Comment

Here's what we've done so far this week:

making up the mounts:

Dusted off!
                *1991 RR 20v quattro

Comment

Originally posted by DamoM View Post
                  Hey. Thanks so much for the info. I Some pictures of the steering mods and arms plus some of the turbos and manifolds and one or two complete engine shots would be good! You did offer! ;-)

Did you retain std brakes? We went vacuum on the 20vt so are doing the same on this as it releases so much room.

We were going to go fmic. How are you going to upgrade your car's ones?

What rad did you use and does the car have Aircon?

Thanks so much mate!
                  Hey how are you doing? Did you manage to get any pics? We are stuck with routing of the downpipes etc and are thinking that we need to either modify or make up new steering arms. :banghead:
                  *1991 RR 20v quattro

Comment

Originally posted by URQguy View Post
                    Any pictures in particular you want?

The steering arms are a big headache with stock manfiolds/k04s. The steering bracket was modified, and custom arms were made with some odd bends to clear the turbos. Just delete the idea of using factory manifolds/turbos from your memory!!

We also use the front bi pipes as well, but they really chew up real estate up front. The car is also in to change from the motronic APR software to full standalone VEMS. This will allow us to get rid of the maf problem and then just filter air coming off the turbo inlets. A lot of the OEM emissions controls are deleted too if you go standlone, which makes for a cleaner bay. There is so much stuff in this engine bay, it makes me want to vomit!

I think a single setup using 2.8L NA manifolds with up pipes to a single turbo would be the easiest way to make good power. Guys have run single gt35r's on k04 files with great results.

Also, the y pipe(the rs4 one atleast) hits the hood. This required us to drop the engine significantly to get it to clear. There were some compromises there.

Feel free to ask more. I am off and on this forum, so be patient!
                    Hey how are you doing? Did you manage to get any pics? We are stuck with routing of the downpipes etc and are thinking that we need to either modify or make up new steering arms. :banghead:
                    *1991 RR 20v quattro

Comment

Working...
                    X