Stainless oval tube in the UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless oval tube in the UK?

Anyone know where I can find oval stainless tube in the UK?

Would like some with this kind of profile, similar cross sectional area to 3" round tube.

Anyone got any leads?
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Hamish used some on his car and if I remember rightly the transition between oval and round of the same area was a bit of a pain.

Comment

Are you thinking rear axle clearance? I would ask someone to warm up some 3" round tube and squash it...
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I'm thinking clearance all the way down the tunnel - as I would like to build a tunnel brace to stiffen the chassis some more, but I need more clearance hence I thought about oval tube for the exhaust. I might do some calcs and work out what height I can crush 4" tube to before the cross section area drops below that of a 3" round tube.
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

these any good ?

http://www.eliptec.co.uk/product-range/

http://www.oval316.co.uk/pdfs/Tube%20and%20castings.pdf

Comment

I saw them but they are architectural grade and really expensive
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

you could do worse than give these lads a ring....I've had work done by them, superb job...not too far from you , last time I was there they had a load of stock, maybe oval stuff cos they do a lot for bikes

http://www.pipewerx.com/pw2_products.html

Comment

Ok some fag box calcs based on stock tube sizes - so 3.5" tube crushed to 45mm height gives more or less the same cross sectional area as round 3" tube, and approx an extra inch ground clearance.
                Attached Files
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

My oval tube came from Nortech. Fella he knows rolls it up and then its seam welded so you can have whatever size you want. Length of sections is limited to his roller so it was something like 1 meter. Very difficult to have nice transitions due to needing to go large on oval to keep the same cross section area as you are working out.

Where did the top picture come from with the bent sections out of interest?

Comment

Cheers Hamish, if i can't find anyone to flatten some tube for me I might give them a shout.
                    Picture above was just off Google images - flat oval tube and bends seem pretty readily available in the US.
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I have 4 meters of this Oval tube for sale its 316L and comes from 316 oval listed above. Its about the best you can get. If any one wants some i am selling what i dont need.

Thanks Chef
                      Chef

Comment

What sort of price James? I would take a short length to create a new side exit.
                        91 Modded 3B
                        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Working...
                        X