Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine change in to more powerfull-documents approve and ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine change in to more powerfull-documents approve and ...

Hello

I am up to change engine on my ACQ typ85 (HY 100KW) to (AAN 169kw).

The thing is that I use my car for daily use too so I need engine to be approved by the relevant authorities.

I have send them my request and I quote that they respond to me :

``
    Hello
    About your question to changing the engine on Audi Coupe Quattro, with registration number *****.
    This type of car has been delivered with engine from 1.8 ccm to 2.3 ccm, and horsepower from 90 to 136. In turbo version the car have engine up to 220 ps. In your application you want to use an engine that delivers 230 horsepower. That is more than the car has been delivered with from the factory, and therefore we must have more information about the vehicle chassis/body are built to handle the bigger and more powerful engine. This information must come from the car manufacturer.
    Before we can process your application we must have more exact information as we described.
    If you can get this information and describe more exactly what brakes, suspension with more, you are going to use on the car we can process your application.

Here is some general information about switching engine.
    When the engine is changed to a bigger and more powerful engine, there are mainly two factors that are affected. One of them is: can the brakes on the car handle the bigger and more powerful engine, the other is are the vehicle chassis/body built to handle the bigger and more powerful engine.
    The car must also meet the same emission and noise standards that were applicable to the original vehicle with the new engine.
    Basically the vehicle manufacturer or a competent independent laboratory can document such a modification. It has proved difficult to obtain such documentation from the car manufacturer, so we are left with competent independent laboratory.
    In some cases where the power increase is relatively modest, can the Norwegian Public Roads Administration also assume some form of documentation in terms of the cars strength and whether the vehicle after modification has adequately dimensioned brake system.
    At engine swap we distinguish between a minor change and a comprehensive change.
    Minor change:
    Minor change of engine we mean rebuilding the car where there used engine with not more power than the vehicle type / model could be delivered with the largest / most powerful version from the manufacturer.
    When such a change of engine, check to ensure / documented:
    - The car type must have the same chassis: That means there must not be any reinforcements, etc. on the chassis to the model with the largest / most powerful engine.
    - The new engine must meet / satisfy the structural requirements for noise and exhaust applicable to the vehicle it is used in. If the engine etc. is from a similar type of car, it should be accepted that this "donor car" meets the requirements for exhaust and noise.

- There must also be used steering, suspension, brakes, etc. similar to those used on car model with the bigger engine. If other brakes are used when conversion to heavier motor, it must be given to the control of brake force distribution and the blocking order, especially for vehicles without ABS brakes.
    - It must be ensured that the vehicle axle loads and gross weight is not exceeded even with the driver and any passengers in the car. ``

my questions is:

is here anyone in this forum who chandged/approved engine?
    where I can find information about what engines where going to
    Coupe quattro
    ur quattro
    sport quattro

and those engines specifications?

P.S. google is not helpfull for my request

Thank´s
    Tribute to Group B rally

i have put a AAN engine in my coupe quattro typ85 and adapt everything myself so it look like it is origional
    here in belgium we have an oldtimer inspection and give no problems with the car and engine setup( oldtimer car must be at least 25 years old or older)
    you can put every engine in you want like v8 or vr6 but the easiest woud be 5 cil like
    AAN(urs4),3B-ABY(s2),ADU(rs2),7A(coupe quattro 20v)
    audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
    TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
    AEM W/M injection

Comment

Tell them is same as ur quattro 20 valve.
      Or- give them the s2 forum web address and let the look at cars already done!

Comment

I've done this myself in Norway (3b into CQ), and we have far bigger problems with our authorities than it looks like you have. I had great help from Audi in documenting the differences and similarities in the cars. The main importer of Audi in your country should have people working with approval of the cars they already import, and should be able to dig out the documents needed.

I would try to explain that there were no differences in the brake systems between the 3b and ABY engined cars, so Audi clearly didn't see any point in that.
        If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

-CQ 3b "S2".

Comment

Originally posted by WidowmakerS2 View Post
          I've done this myself in Norway (3b into CQ), and we have far bigger problems with our authorities than it looks like you have. I had great help from Audi in documenting the differences and similarities in the cars. The main importer of Audi in your country should have people working with approval of the cars they already import, and should be able to dig out the documents needed.

I would try to explain that there were no differences in the brake systems between the 3b and ABY engined cars, so Audi clearly didn't see any point in that.
          so you say what audi norge should give me information as I request? or did you mean audi factory?
          Tribute to Group B rally

Comment

I meant the main importer in your country..

-CQ 3b "S2".

Comment

Originally posted by WidowmakerS2 View Post
              I meant the main importer in your country..
              yeah, I am in rogaland now car is with NO licence plate and I have been contacting Møller Bil but no answers.So tomorow morning I am going to statensvegvesens and to Møller...
              Tribute to Group B rally

Comment

Ah, then Møller is the right place.
                Also, the SVV have a special unit for building and modification of cars, called SFOOR.

-CQ 3b "S2".

Comment

møller Oslo wrote me back :

`` We do unfortunately not have the documentation you are requesting.
                  The only approved engine change in Audi Coupe Quattro we have documentation for is from 115hk to 136hk.

In cases where we at the importer do not have the requested documentation, we recommend talking with other car-builders and forums on the
                  internet, maybe someone have got the papers you are looking for.
                  One alternative is TüV in Germany, perhaps they have approval documentation on your build. ``

Does any one has any ideas what should be my next step because now
                  Tribute to Group B rally

Comment

Ask them for documents that state the differences in brake systems, weight etc for the 220hp 3b vs the 230 AAN. They will say none, and should be enoughto convince the SVV.

-CQ 3b "S2".

Comment

My request was:

``...Basically needs all the general information about:

What engines Audi coupe quattro had in this type of chasis and can this chasis handle more powerfull engine

Can the vehicle chasis/brakes handle AAN/3B engine

Emission and noise specifications for HY/AAN/3B engines

weight of the engines HY/AAN/3B

As you understand all the information needed should be documented to perform the engine change legally and approving it. ``

the answer you know,,,

Originally posted by 666 View Post
                      møller Oslo wrote me back :

`` We do unfortunately not have the documentation you are requesting.
                      The only approved engine change in Audi Coupe Quattro we have documentation for is from 115hk to 136hk.

In cases where we at the importer do not have the requested documentation, we recommend talking with other car-builders and forums on the
                      internet, maybe someone have got the papers you are looking for.
                      One alternative is TüV in Germany, perhaps they have approval documentation on your build. ``

Does any one has any ideas what should be my next step because now
                      Tribute to Group B rally

Comment

Working...
                      X