Backbox hanger ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backbox hanger ideas?

Hi All, one the back box exhaust hangers on my 3b Coupe is rusting through, I wonder if anyone has had this problem & how they've fixed it.
    I've see a couple of bolt through hangers online (see pic) has anyone used this type or similar? Any ideas? Thanks Condor..
    Attached Files
    :wave: :thumbs:

Re-hanging Coupe muffler

Hi Sir,

I have not had my coupe's chassis hook fail. IIRC, all the coupes (including my 7A, plus the 20Vq sedans) hang their back-boxes similarly, correct? If so, I might start with these two items:

B4 Hook: Top item in photo is a hook from my 93 90 CSq sedan. Perhaps poking through the "ceiling" right where you may need a hook may prove problematic? This B4 hook has the factory correct shape for the below rubber hanger, a low profile and the two mounting holes which besides allowing some height adjustment, may also allow support and fastening to a more suitable location of your choice, if necessary.

VW chain filled hanger: You may be using these already (P/N 893 253 147 D), they're nearly indestructible and go on best with liquid dish detergent, a common screwdriver, pliers & some verbal encouragement.

Hth,
    LB
    Attached Files

Comment

the chain hanger looks to be a good option as mine need changing. I'll see how much I can get them for
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Working...
      X