Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S4 AAN into 80 B4

Hello

I have been lurking around here for a while, and finally made an account.
    I am thinking about buying an S4 donor car and swap the engine and necessary parts into my Audi 80 B4, both cars are 1992 models and ofc quattro, and my 80 saloon has the 2.0E ABK engine.

I can't find any info about a swap like that online? I just find 80's with the 2.3 5-pot that is swapped to 2.2T. I am very new to this and want to learn a lot by doing this (I'm 18 and new to Audi).

So my question is, what other than a whole donorcar do I need? And which parts do I need to swap over? Do I need to swap the whole drivetrain or can i use the 80 diffs?

You Need a propshaft, Diff. and also a ABY loom and ECU( you can put the AAN loom and ecu on a b4 but it will be a pain in the ***)

Comment

Thanks for the answer. So as I understand, the only things I need that I don't get in the S4 is ABY loom and ECU?

Everything else fits in the enginebay? (radiators etc)

Comment

The aan and aby ecu can be swapped. The aan radiator is not suitable.

Ideally you want an S2 not an s4. The s4 prop shaft and diffs don't bolt up.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

The Front Radiator don't fit. You also Need a Front Mount intercooler.

Comment

You'll also need the right engine mounting from 7A, 3B or ABY (while watching the car from the front). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Yeah, I know that the S2 parts would fit alot better, but it's hard to find a S2 in this area, specially one for sale that still has the drivetrain in it. S4 on the other hand, is everywhere, and very cheap.. It's easy to find S4's that is full of rust, but got a healthy drivetrain.. Is it possible to make this build happen without a lot of customization? I know I need an intercooler and a side mounted radiator, but thats easy to find, the main problem is to get the drivetrain without cutting the car to pieces and mounting the radiator in the small 80 enginebay as I see it..

Comment

I'd stick with the S4 or S6, such a comfortable limo it is. Needs a chip or other upgrades to be more fun, cuz it's pretty heavy.

But that's just me.

Comment

I would too, if i could find a S4 that don't have rust all over it..

Comment

Originally posted by RichLV View Post
                    I'd stick with the S4 or S6, such a comfortable limo it is. Needs a chip or other upgrades to be more fun, cuz it's pretty heavy.

But that's just me.
                    Agree with above. I appreciate you comments that UrS4 are 'everywhere', but maybe for a more money try and find a UrS6 with no rust.

While dearer option a the outset, it may end up being cheaper in the long run. And you'll be able to drive it straightaway and have less issues going forward. Just suggestin.........

I have a couple of both S cars and now prefer the C4 bodies, after starting with the B4s.

Kind regards.

Comment

Working...
                    X