R30 Build Audi Quattro Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R30 Build Audi Quattro Coupe

I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF BUILDING AN R30 CONVERSION TO MY 1990 AUDI QUATTRO COUPE, I AM GOING TO NEED DEEP POCKETS I KNOW

I HAVE GOT TO THE STAGE OF FUELING SYSTEM NEARLY COMPLETED, FUEL CELL MADE, TWIN BOSCH 044 FUEL PUMPS ETC ETC.

THE NEXT PART I AM STRUGGLING TO FIGURE OUT, DRIVETRAIN..... CAR IS BEING BUILT TO AROUND 1000 BHP SO WILL NEED GEARBOX, DIFF AND HUBS THAT WILL BE ABLE TO RUN THAT POWER.

ANY HELP AT THIS STAGE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Sound good.. Similar project to Jaswan on here. Drop him a PM you may be able to share some knowledge..
    Stuart
    B2 90 quattro with boost

Comment

Great thanks mate

Comment

The app on my phone struggles with PMs. I have read your message but i cant reply.

Out of curiosity how did you achieve 3 litres? 2.8 block with a 3.2 crank?

Mine is a bde 2.8. I have a 01e from a urS4. Im not too sure how much power/torque people usually put through them but i think i will change my box at some point. I think the first weak pont will be the outer CV joints. There are some options to swap them for ones that use a nut over the spline rather than a bolt theough the middle as that is where they shatter. If you swap to an 01e then you can search for a guide and what parts are needed. Its basically box, s2 (6speed) shafts, s2 prop or shortened quattro prop, s2 shifter, s2 gearbox mounts and a spacer if your car wasnt a v6. You also need to mod the reverse light switch wiring i think...

You mention in your pm of using a 76mm turbo... 76mm inducer or exducer? If its inducer then it is flipping massive... What turbo is it? What hotside? It may be a bit too big to be useable???

Im still learning myself haha.

Jase

Comment

Hi mate
          Thanks for reply and information.
          I bought the car with engine built and sitting in place, was told it had been run not not driven.

Here is the link to full spec of the build http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/272025481678

Frt motorsport have similar spec car i believe which is a weapon, donkey tec seem to know these engines inside out and are producing 1100 + bhp from R32 engines!

Thanks again for taking time to reply and provide great information.
          Andrew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lets not forget it cost Bugatti £2 billion to develop a car that could reliably put down 1000hp.
            You really need to consider all the drive-train components as consumables at that kind of output. If you want a hint of reliability you will need to have extremely deep pockets and be willing to get a lot of parts custom made. It's torque and shock loads that will break stuff so it will totally depend on how you use the car and how much mechanical sympathy you have, what tyres you run etc etc etc etc.
            You will break things you never expect to break.
            In a nutshell driveshafts and CV joints seem to be the weakest point and people break these launching with very modest outputs. You can buy stronger shafts and a few people have used customer shafts on the rear in order to use front hubs and larger CVs on the rear but expect to shred these too.
            01E box and stock rear diff are very robust and might cope for a period of time but you will chew through them pretty quick so have plenty of spares and get familiar with rebuilding them.
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

You scooped an absolute bargain there mate well done. Looks reasonably well put together too. The driveshaft shop in the states sell uprated shafts proven to cope with more grunt, there's a chap in the UK doing them too but his name escapes me.

Im also building a R30 powered B5 machine and i know how expensive it gets, I started from scratch too
              2000 B5 A4 Quattro Sport ~ 2.0 20V GT30R ~ Gone
              1993 S2 ABY Coupe ~ Gone
              1989 2.2E Coupe ~ Gone

Comment

Originally posted by Twenny Benson View Post
                You scooped an absolute bargain there mate well done. Looks reasonably well put together too. The driveshaft shop in the states sell uprated shafts proven to cope with more grunt, there's a chap in the UK doing them too but his name escapes me.

Im also building a R30 powered B5 machine and i know how expensive it gets, I started from scratch too
                audrius?

Comment

Originally posted by david1980 View Post
                  audrius?
                  Come again?
                  1993 S2 ABY Coupe ~ Gone
                  1989 2.2E Coupe ~ Gone

Comment

I think audrius can supply uprated drive shafts.
                    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                      I think audrius can supply uprated drive shafts.
                      Ahh ok, that makes sense.

Any updates / pictures of the car?
                      1993 S2 ABY Coupe ~ Gone
                      1989 2.2E Coupe ~ Gone

Comment

Working...
                      X