Bi-xenon into projector headlamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bi-xenon into projector headlamp

Right, I just purchased a minty set of projector beam headlamps for my eS2 project.
    My old eyes just cannot put up with poor lights that the Depo lights put out even with good H4 bulbs.
    Naturally the first thing I did was to take the projector beam lamps apart to try & fit Porsche 996 Bi-xenon projector mechanism in place of the H1 bulb & reflector assembly. No go as the 996 part has a larger lens & is longer as well. I do not want to modify the reflector that sets in front of the projector & am concerned that the lens may foul the glass.
    I did search the forum here for any other solutions & have poked about the web for information that may be of help.
    With the daylight hours getting even shorter I am going to work & coming home in the dark. Any one else have any ideas as to what bi-xenon assembly will fit into a projector beam light?
    TIA, Chris
    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Hi.
    I bought some years ago some brackets to instals some D2S
    But only for lowbeam

And I have problems to level de lights for the big wire sockets
    photobucket SUCKS
    sigpic

Comment

I know people use audi tt ones on golf rallye lamps. I happen to have a set here so maybe able to help

Comment

Hi,

Not sure if you have projector lenses or not but.. I did see a thread on the RS2 Facebook Group Page where a chap in Russia fitted a larger set of projector lenses from a lexus, it looked like a good solution but was quite drastic.

I recently upgraded my HID kit from 55w to 75w, the later kits seem much better quality. I was very happy with the results. Its worth changing the headlight glass as they get dull and diffuse the light a bit. Also make sure the glass lens of the projector is spotless. Cleaning the reflector is very delicate, easy to make them dull....

Would recommend the 75w HID kit, its as good as any modern car outside the very latest.. cost me £45 delivered from China, very good quality and work very well, go for 4,300k bulbs, they are the best match and don't look too blue...

Let me know how you get on...

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by RS2junkie View Post
          Hi,

Not sure if you have projector lenses or not but.. I did see a thread on the RS2 Facebook Group Page where a chap in Russia fitted a larger set of projector lenses from a lexus, it looked like a good solution but was quite drastic.

I recently upgraded my HID kit from 55w to 75w, the later kits seem much better quality. I was very happy with the results. Its worth changing the headlight glass as they get dull and diffuse the light a bit. Also make sure the glass lens of the projector is spotless. Cleaning the reflector is very delicate, easy to make them dull....

Would recommend the 75w HID kit, its as good as any modern car outside the very latest.. cost me £45 delivered from China, very good quality and work very well, go for 4,300k bulbs, they are the best match and don't look too blue...

Paul
          Any link??
          photobucket SUCKS
          sigpic

Comment

Try this

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Comment

I have found the factory alignment spec to be quite conservative, if you adjust to 0.5% your range will be far better without causing any problem to on-coming traffic or vehicles in front.
              I'd say with 55w HIDs my elipsoids are 95% as good as the bi-xeons in our S4.
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                I have found the factory alignment spec to be quite conservative, if you adjust to 0.5% your range will be far better without causing any problem to on-coming traffic or vehicles in front.
                I'd say with 55w HIDs my elipsoids are 95% as good as the bi-xeons in our S4.

Really? That is very welcome news for me at least as when i put mine back together a set of OEM looking HID's will be needed

Comment

Hi,

Paul
                  I did all this to mine when I had the reflectors re-chromed, cleaning the lens on the projector unit made a huge difference
                  sigpic
                  1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                  1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                  1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

The main issue here is to find the right projector that would physically fit to the housing. As I understand you can measure your old projector. I would get the dimensions and start looking for the closest size one. You can start off from here - https://www.retrofitlab.com
                    New projectors will improve the lightning very well. My brother has retrofitted 3 inch lens bi-xenon projectors from retrofitlab and the lights are very good. For C4 cars 3 inch lens is a little too much since its very hard fit. I will go with 2.5 inch ones soon.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Petu View Post
                        The main issue here is to find the right projector that would physically fit to the housing. As I understand you can measure your old projector. I would get the dimensions and start looking for the closest size one. You can start off from here - https://www.retrofitlab.com
                        New projectors will improve the lightning very well. My brother has retrofitted 3 inch lens bi-xenon projectors from retrofitlab and the lights are very good. For C4 cars 3 inch lens is a little too much since its very hard fit. I will go with 2.5 inch ones soon.
                        I will post up some pictures when I can. The Porsche Bi-xenon are just over 3" or 78mm in diameter. I have looked at a few sites to find a closer match for the S2 projector beam. It may be easier to use an aftermarket Bi-xenon assembly.
                        It would not hurt to re-chrome the reflectors while I'm in there.
                        Thanks all for the information. More to come.
                        Chris
                        "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

Originally posted by AndyP View Post
                          I did all this to mine when I had the reflectors re-chromed, cleaning the lens on the projector unit made a huge difference
                          Hi Andy can you tell me where you got them re-chromed please?

Many thanks

Comment

Petu,

Would be very interested in how you get on with this, I have never been happy with the lighting on my RS2, its got to be possible to improve it.. !

Thanks

PAUL

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
                              Hi Andy can you tell me where you got them re-chromed please?

Many thanks
                              I used this place:-

http://www.dual-metallising.co.uk/

I'll warn you, they're not cheap!!
                              sigpic
                              1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                              1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                              1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Working...
                              X