Removing Aircon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Aircon

..this weekend Its to heavy for my likening and as its not belted to the crank i may as well rip it out.

Can any one give me any pointers as what defiantly not to do. It was working before it was disconnected and im passing it on to someone else that doesn't mind the extra weight .

Ta,

Bo
    91 S2 coupé - RIP
    98 S8 - Luxury barge

Damn, i'm seriously thinking about fitting aircon to my car.

Comment

I'm after a pipe for mine (ABY). It's the one that goes from near the brake reservoir down to the drier in the front driver's side wing. If you want to get rid of it (and it's in good working order and off an ABY) then chuck me a PM
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Bo's car is a 3B

Comment

@ Andy The pipe work might still be the same, ill take some pics and part numbers once its out and if its the one you need im sure you can have it

@ Jamo, i thought you have aircon already???
          91 S2 coupé - RIP
          98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

there was an r134 kit on ebay a few days ago....
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk
              there was an r134 kit on ebay a few days ago....
              I know i had to pass it up as i was buying something else

Comment

Hey I considered that one... I wanna sort my AC out some time. But I figured I didn't need all that stuff, and hell I've got enough other stuff on the go with the car at the mo!! It didn't sell, sure the guy would be open to offers...
                AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_Casey
                  I'm after a pipe for mine (ABY). It's the one that goes from near the brake reservoir down to the drier in the front driver's side wing. If you want to get rid of it (and it's in good working order and off an ABY) then chuck me a PM

I need one of these as well. So to copy Andy "If you want to get rid of it (and it's in good working order and it'll fit my RS2 ) then chuck me a PM "

But only after Andy has been sorted.

Angus
                  formally RS2 +

Comment

The full aircon system weight is only 18kg. Does your system work ok?
                    Personally I'd keep it in: with my car it's like a blooming greenhouse most of the time with it's black interior, aircon is the only thing that stops me from expiring sometimes!
                    Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

I'm a happy chappy today

Aircon leak fixed, regassed and WOW!! Bloody cold!! Bring on the summer!!

Thanks to Shadquattro for helping out..
                      Missing her lots!

Comment

Good stuff - where was it leaking from? How did you fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_b
                          The full aircon system weight is only 18kg. Does your system work ok?
                          Personally I'd keep it in: with my car it's like a blooming greenhouse most of the time with it's black interior, aircon is the only thing that stops me from expiring sometimes!
                          I thought the official figure was 75kg, hence the uprated springs and engine mounts.

Comment

Lee told me when he stripped out the entire aircon system in his Avant he weighed the whole lot and was disappointed to see the scales tipping at just 18kg...

Comment

Originally posted by neebover
                              I'm a happy chappy today

Aircon leak fixed, regassed and WOW!! Bloody cold!! Bring on the summer!!

Thanks to Shadquattro for helping out..

glad its working ok, i am extremely jealous , I was told to leave the s2 at home when i went shopping today as he was gonna have another go at mine but now he hasnt got time because i locked the key in the boot of the gt and He had to go to Carlisle to unlock ther car

It was great having 2 S2 on the driveway, has given me an idea
                              skint but fast

Comment

Working...
                              X