Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving the Main Rad

Hi guys,

how would I go about moving the main radiator so that it was on an angle as with if I am right the AAN motor.

Also I would need a new intercooler to fit this wouldnt I???

Any pics so I can see the location of the main Rad would be great. Cheers Guys.

Aaron
    Dark Grey Avant
    RS2 FARB
    Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
    Alloy Subframe Bushes

Come on guys, I have the manifold and am just wondering wether to shift the rad into the boot (lots of work) or twist the rad somehow so I can get the manifold on. Anyone got any pics or ideas towards this?????????

Cheers
    Dark Grey Avant
    RS2 FARB
    Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Cheers matey.

Am I right in thinking that the fan housing is thinner to make the radiator capable of sitting that far back or is it a completeley different rad?

I think I need to get my head under one of these bonnets to see where the mounting points are and if they really do differ that much..... any sugestions?
        Dark Grey Avant
        RS2 FARB
        Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Any body here can tell me what fan you would use if the main rad was positioned like this there's no aux rad. Also my main rad behr seems to be hot on top and cold on bottom half fan doesn't kick in till 100+ which I think the sensor is faulty and main rad is blocked because it's been sat for so long

Comment

A slimline race fan would probably be your best bet. I have seen others have a shorter but wider radiator fabricated so you can keep the stock orientation and cooling capacity overall
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I have something you might find usefull. I make some pictures of mine car tomorrow.
              1990 2.2 20VT Audi Coupe Quattro
              *Hx35/k26, MaxxECU, Wagner EM/IC *RS2 Recaro *4pot-Brembo *3" turboback *Treser *Koni/H&R
              1990 Audi 200 20v Avant 2.2 20VT *7 Seater *Full electric gizmos

Comment

Originally posted by Kiku View Post
                I have something you might find usefull. I make some pictures of mine car tomorrow.
                That would be great thanks

Comment

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...vincent&page=2

Have a look through this thread. Also see post # 79.

HTH.

Comment

Working...
                  X