X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3b aircon pump details

Guys,
    I have been trawling about the net looking for details - thought I would create a single thread with details related to the 3b version(s) so if anyone else needs to find details they can
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Denso variant:
    Attached Files
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Dimensions etc:
      Attached Files
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Remanufactured unit (I think the number shown is for the Zexel unit) To be sure contact them and ask - but cost is good

http://www.compressortech.co.uk/down...audi_flyer.pdf
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Original PArt numbers:

Denso: 034 260 805D (Supplied on early 3b S2's)
          Zexel: 8A0 260 805 (Supplied on the last 3b's/ABY - switch date seems to be 10.92)

These part numbers are for the R12 gas versions
          Last edited by s2driveruk; 3 July 2006, 22:19.
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Refrigerant quantity
            Denso unit running R12 requires 900g with a tolerance of +/- 50g
            Zexel OR Denso unit running R134a requires 775g of R134a with a tolerance of +/- 25g

*Data supplied from Eurocarparts - treat as info only as cannot be confirmed
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Good stuff david... I have some OFRM info from Audi on all the R134a systems which I can dig up. I have been meaning to create an entire section on aircon at s2central for phookin years now

Paul
              Paul Nugent
              Webmaster http://S2central.net
              Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
              2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
              2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

cool, only oposted it as it looks like my pump which sprang back into life a couple of months ago after a 4 year hibernation may be on its way out and i am sure if it stays this hot for the rest of the summer others will decide to give up...
                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Denso UK contact details - will also give you contact details for their nearest approved repairer, inafct the guy at Autoclimate was very helpful - heres hoping its just a slipping v-belt rather than a new compressor

United Kingdom
                  Autoclimate ltd.
                  Battlefield Enterprise Park
                  Shrewsbury SY1 3TE
                  Russell Wellings (director)
                  United Kingdom
                  T: +44 (0)1743 445566
                  E: rwellings@autoclimate.com
                  W: www.autoclimate.com

DENSO Sales UK Ltd
                  Building 1, Eden Road, Walsgrave Triangle
                  Coventry CV2 2TB
                  United Kingdom
                  T: +44 24 76843416
                  F: +44 24 76842521
                  E: t.willetts@denso-sales.co.uk
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Good stuff, wish I had that information when I ordered up my replacement compressor last year - I got mine direct from Denso in the end, the R134a version of the 3B compressor as shown above.
                    Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Hi. I was reading this thread with interest. I have a LHD German car, with the Auto climate control digital version. Obviously originally R12, but one of the hose connections lead me to believe that it has been converted to R134a.
                      The interesting part is, that the original specs for quantity of refrigerant is 1050g +_ 20g
                      Does this sound too much?
                      The system doesnt work again, after a long period not working, regassing, then not working after a week or so...
                      Would I be best advised to get a R134a replacement pump (if the pump is the fault) and fill with the lower amount of refrigerant? or stay with the 1050g originally specified.
                      Presumably for one or more reasons due to extra piping or something, the auto system uses more gas....
                      Anyone have any ideas or advice?
                      Thanks
                      Chris
                      Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                      S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                      '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

The older R12 requires a different quanitity of refridgerant vs. R134a. Sounds like the chassis seal has gone on your pump, BTDT.

Comment

Great info, mine has started rumbling at a good few revs. sounds like the bearings have had it....
                          Just hope it lasts through the warm spell!

Rob
                          Rob..
                          94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
                          87 UR 20v ABY
                          97 S6 Avant
                          96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
                          1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

The clutch mechanism can be replaced separately to the main compressor

Comment

yeah that clutch is bloody expensive though, looked at mine pump last night as its squealing when the clutch engages. I've tightened the belt a bit as it was a little bit slack but no difference. The pump is covered in oil so its definately got a leak and though its cooling fine its deffinately not well. Does that sound like the clutch going?
                              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X