Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Con (non)Operation

Hi

Is there any electronically controlled part of the aircon system, specifically thinking of the recirc operation or anything around the matrix housing, that could malfunction and effectively jam the heat flap shut/open? - in effect stop it from opening to allow hot air to circulate, say another flap stuck in the wrong position? Something linked to recirlculation??

Still trying to figure out what internally is causing the heat control to be locked on the cold setting – something inside is completely obstructing the normal manual operation of the flap. It will not budge and there’s not even a sniff of hot air, so it is like the thing is clamped shut!! I don’t think anything can have got in there to block/wedge it so I wondered about the aircon side itself. I did notice a wire loose on the back of the A/C control buttons when I was investigating the heater control knob, but didn’t pay a lot of attention to it as the aircon was disconnected / not working, just pushed it back in where it looked like it might go.

(Probably should have added this to the end of my "dash out" thread, but its a little more specific to aircon operation, I hope!)

cheers

Paul
    Trick Pearl White 1992 3B S2 Coupe. Porsche 996 monoblock stopping power! HID Seeing power! Mmmmm Miltek!!!
    Trick Indigo Pearl B5 S4 Recaros, Bose , Mmmm Miltek!!!
    sigpic

Vacuum lines may be malfunctioning.

The vacuum lines control the flap motors and the one you are referring too is a big one. I'd say get a hold of the schematic s for the entire AC/Climate control unit. Look to the diagrams where it shows the vacuum lines and the individual motors that operate the flaps. You'll find your answers there. Good Luck!

Comment

cheers! Are there vacuum lines in a non electronically controlled AC units does anyone know? Im beginning to think one of the flaps has welded shut when the car overheated and lost coolant. Which looks like a dash out job to sort!
      Trick Pearl White 1992 3B S2 Coupe. Porsche 996 monoblock stopping power! HID Seeing power! Mmmmm Miltek!!!
      Trick Indigo Pearl B5 S4 Recaros, Bose , Mmmm Miltek!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X