Aircon leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircon leak

Was going to have the aircon regased but it seems i have a leak from around under the airbox area and it isn't a slow leak!

Being my first aircon S2 can anybody advise where this is likely to be before i strip down that area and use my mates gas sniffer?

sounds like where the reciever dryer is under the arch just take the bumper off. as soon as u open the system it will need a reciever dryer so if its leakin it will have 2 have 1

Comment

air con

sounds like where the reciever dryer is under the arch just take the bumper off. as soon as u open the system it will need a reciever dryer so if its leakin it will have 2 have 1

Comment

i had a few small leaks on the pipe from the drier to top of compresser, thats bumper and air box off to change it , on mine the drier and other pipe that goes through the wing all came off as the nuts where jammed tight , so i have lovely shiny new pipes all round that side as well as an evaperator , all that expense to keep cool on the 3 warm days we had this yr
        skint but fast

Comment

Jamo

The A/C gas sometimes has a colourant added that shows up under a UV light which is a great help when looking for leaks.

I just changed the a/c dryer and an a/c pipe that is prone to deteriorating, that runs from the drier to the engine bay, just under the brake fluid resevoir.

All fairly straight forward via the wheel arch, i didn't have to remove the bumper.

These posts may be helpful:
          http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15700
          http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44

Angus
          formally RS2 +

Comment

Cheers Angus, lol i'm sure i made that thread a sticky on request! Doh!
            Last edited by Jamo; 5 September 2006, 10:35.

Comment

As above, sounds like either the dryer, or the compressor chassis seal, or any of the pipes in that area. Get a leak test fluid added to a re-gas - it's a UV dye that enables you to test for leaks in the system.
              Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

my pipe went under the master cylinder aswell i managed 2 repair it

Comment

Working...
                X