Air con blowing hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air con blowing hot

My air con in the rs2 blows hot air when the engine cooling fan comes on. Its like it trips the compressor and it stops working.
    I sometimes hear a buzzing noise from the area under the steering wheel when the cooling fan comes on and this happens.
    It also often blows warm air when idling. While driving its usually ok until the fan comes on.
    Im not sure its working perfectly any way though. The air con in my 1995 audi 80q was a lot better.
    Is it normal for it to be better or is my r2 air con not working properly at the best of times?

Your air con system doesn't have enough R134a in it. You need to get it serviced/refilled. BTDT.
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Thanks urs4boy. I think it was more than that haha I started getting a grinding noise from the compressor area and the next day the aircon belt snapped. The pulley on the compressor appears to have seized.
      Looks like I need a new one. I have an 80 2.6 quattro that i am using for parts. Wouldn't happen to know if the aircon unit is the same?

Comment

Working...
      X