Anybody removed the heater matrix ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody removed the heater matrix ?

thinking of removing heater matrix as I am going rear mount rad, I was thinking about just keeping the blower and piping it straight to the windscreen vent as a demister.

would this be a viable option or would it be best to put it all back in?

Cheers
    Adam

If you don’t need the dash out I would keep it and plumb in as demist will work better with it. Just my 2p but you could remove the flap box and direct up to screen only
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Dash is out in prep for roll cage and paint. Just trying to simplify things as it won’t be a daily car, not botherd about heating. Would be nice not to have a fogged up windscreen all the time though !

Comment

You could just pull the matrix out of the box and lock the temperature flap into the cold position. Here is a pic of the box with the flap in the cold position. You could eliminate the entire housing as the only other thing in there is the flap to direct the air up, down, or straight out the dash vents.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
        93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
        94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

I was planning to do away with the box and run some flexible hose straight from the blower fan to the centre windscreen vent. Just worried that this will not be a functional demister with no heat.

Comment

How about using a 12v hair drier? Sounds nuts but many years ago i fitted a travel hairdrier into the dashboard of a kit car. Granted it was a smaller windscreen but it passed the SVA test and went on the road. I think the Audi blower motor would be better as it moves more air so maybe look for a 12v heater element rather than a puny drier.

Comment

Hair dryer

I like your you style

Comment

Ha haaa, you should have seen the expression on the face of the bloke doing the test. When he flicked on the hairdryer he looked at me over the top of his glasses and raised an eyebrow before moving on. It was my proudest moment!

Comment

The rear de-mist from a convertible 80 is pretty much a hair dryer blower, maybe a good option,

Comment

Ask James (Terrybullwon) whether he has any heated screens left or whether he's getting any more made up. Two 30 amp relays a feed from the battery and you're sorted.
                    91 Modded 3B
                    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

that would be perfect! Need a new screen anyway

Comment

Working...
                      X