No announcement yet.

PVC system problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for helping. I can buy Roose but Does catch can give me more benefits?
    I have learned by google that catch can help to realese big pressure from block and because of that engine runs with better performance and dosent kill engine.
    Other benefit is cleaner fuel?
    Negative side is that some catch tanks will give terrible oil smell over car and water in system. Also need to drain oil from CT.

As both systems will cost same to me then what option is smarter?
    i put picture about catch tank i have offer right now. Its with filter and then it would not need extra hose. But you mentioned that you need for one inlet 25mm hose but in catch can those inlates are way smaller...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by ristokru; 28 May 2019, 15:53.

Comment

It has been covered quite a bit on the forum in the past. Some have modified the catch tanks to return to the sump so that it’s not necessary to drain the catch tank.
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
        It has been covered quite a bit on the forum in the past. Some have modified the catch tanks to return to the sump so that it’s not necessary to drain the catch tank.
        I think i have readed all topics but didint find any answer about freezing in winter. We have in winter always below 0c and will CT not pass MOT because of wrong gasses reading?

Comment

if your catch can vents to atmosphere is a fail in mot.

Comment

Originally posted by rxl View Post
            if your catch can vents to atmosphere is a fail in mot.
            Thanks. It looks like its smarter to use Roose or oem hoses then. When is point to use catch can? If i have standard engine. Only chip,rs2 EM and 3"pipe from turbo. How much can handle oem system?

Comment

for a standard engine without plans to go more power it makes not realy mutch sence to modify it.

Comment

Originally posted by rxl View Post
                for a standard engine without plans to go more power it makes not realy mutch sence to modify it.
                Plan is to go up to 230kw etc. But this is in future and oem system can handle this?
                I have readed that with catch tank your car runs better and that why i also wanted this option.
                I can have all hoses and valves from dealer about 120€. Roose costs 190€ with valves included. Is there any point to spend more for Roose? I can understand that Roose hoses are better but OEM hoses also when new can live over 5 years i think.

Comment

If you can get all the hoses new why not. The standard ones hold up long but if used I would update them. Silicone hoses are thicker and you get a life time warranty from roose motorsports. Crank ventilation will be OK for the power level that you are looking for. I updated to catch can and not really happy with how it works now. So stick with a proven solution.

Comment

Working...
                  X