Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Con Compessor Belt Removal

Hi guys

Im in the process of changing all my aux belts, how do i slaken the A/C compressor to get the belt off of the pulley? Ive done the power steering and alternator but as the A/C is the outer most belt that needs to come off to get the other two off and im ******ed if i can see how to adjust the compressor. Any help would be very greatly appreciated.

Sorry got a bit mixed up, A/C is not the outer most its the centre belt but still need to get it off.

Comment

You have to loosen the bolts holding the compresser body to the engine block and then loosen all the way in, the bolt that adjusts the tension on the AC belt which pushes against the block.
      you might have to manually grab the compresser to pull it down to loosen it.
      I think the bolts on the mounting are 17mm and the adjuster is 13mm.Its a bight tight at the front bolt
      Rob

Ragussa green avant RS2+ spec
      Racing blue Octavia VRS mk2 estate-Remapped now to 250 bhp
      Audi coupe gt-slow as hell but loads of character-sold

Comment

Bertman, thanks for that, i have seen the bolt that acts against the block, I will give that a go now. When i saw that bolt i was concerned that i could "punch" it through the casing if i put too much pressure on it. Thats great thanks for your help. Ill let you know how i get on.

Comment

Good luck mate,
          On my avant the AC belt always seem to bee noisy when they get old so I change them out quite often.
          You will know the tensioning bolt as it sits in the middle of the compresser,on the underside.
          I would take a picture to help but I am off work with a fubared disc in my back so bending down is a no no.
          There is a big long bolt holding it to the block with a nut on the end,you might find that just loosening one side might be enough
          Rob

Ragussa green avant RS2+ spec
          Racing blue Octavia VRS mk2 estate-Remapped now to 250 bhp
          Audi coupe gt-slow as hell but loads of character-sold

Comment

Bertman, I know exactly the bolt you mean, i will give it a go tomorrow im 100% positive thats the one. Thanks for your guidance on this

Comment

bertman all sorted now, all belts changed and back in place, thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
              X