Just like mud!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just like mud!

Any of you guys had success cleaning the exspansion tank of that nice brown layer that builds up? Or do you just replace the tank for a nice new spangley one! Might try a dishwasher cleaner tablet after i've seen what it does to the roasting tin! Whilst its out of the car of course!
    Keep you informed of the result when it happens.

Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

I think every one is just buying new ones at about £20+

I would be tempted to use powder bleach or some descaler stuff in a little bottle with a yellow lable (use it at work on anything that has water running or flowing) if i was going to have a bash at cleaning HTH
    Chef

Comment

i tried cleaning mine at one of Greg's Garage meets and all the gunk came out but the actual plastic was stained so to get it back to looking new = new tank...
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

New Tank
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Any recommendations of what to flush the system with just before i fit all the new clean shiny bits?
          Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Flat on my back View Post
            Any recommendations of what to flush the system with just before i fit all the new clean shiny bits?
            Flushed mine through with a hose, the drained as much as I could and then refilled with VAG coolant and De-ionised water when I changed my radiator.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
              New Tank
              i second that.

Brian
              Attached Files

Comment

The only way I know how to get rid of this is FORTE BOI DEGREASER works wonders,when you drain the cooling system it comes out like milk(very usefull for K series Rover headgaskets and VW oil coolers which burst).

Comment

Originally posted by Flat on my back View Post
                  Any of you guys had success cleaning the exspansion tank of that nice brown layer that builds up? Or do you just replace the tank for a nice new spangley one! Might try a dishwasher cleaner tablet after i've seen what it does to the roasting tin! Whilst its out of the car of course!
                  Keep you informed of the result when it happens.

Not the group 'mud' then

Singalong boys n girls - That's right, that's right...

Showing my age - LOL - Where's the smilie for getting ones coat ?
                  Paul Nugent
                  Webmaster http://S2central.net
                  Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                  2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                  2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Working...
                  X