Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers Skull I wanted to see what 8A0 820 391 looked like.

Did you rivet yours in or glue it in? I have a spare plastic frame so can do this out the car

Comment

rivets, the holes are already there...
      Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
        Cheers Skull I wanted to see what 8A0 820 391 looked like.

Did you rivet yours in or glue it in? I have a spare plastic frame so can do this out the car
        You'll see from the photo in the guide I sent you that you could do either. I glued mine in with black silicon so I could reverse out if I ever had to.

John

Comment

Hey John yes thats correct Skulls picture has a bit more detail as it's clearer how it fixes within the frame although your rear pics are crystal clear

Comment

Hello, don't know if I missed it but how to reflash the CC? I have one from audi V8

Comment

Use VAG-com. You'll need to have the data-link wire hooked up to the rest of your system(assuming your car has this. Early cars with B3 motors don't). I just ran the wire from my swap to an extra data connector then used the 2 plug to OBDII adapter to link up with vagcom for re-flashing.
              1990 Audi Coupe - 7A for now

Comment

Forgot about this thread. My only lil update is that I sourced the entire climate syst from an my98 B5 A4 along with loom. The climate wiring is integrated with it - not modular extra like on B4 so it took a good afternoon fun with wire cutters and schematics in hand to unpick the elements I need for a B3/B4 conversion.

More to come after current episode of allroad wars is complete.
                Paul Nugent
                Webmaster http://S2central.net
                Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Thanks, somehow haven't thought about using VCDS
                  I installed CC into audi 200, used audi V8 screen and audi S6 wiring, just needed to change few connectors to fit. As soon as I put the interior back together I'll post a pic :mischeif:

Comment

While its in my head... been looking this up for someone else regards coding an early B5 (audi A4) CCU to work in the S2 (B3/B4). The S2/RS2 is a Zexel compressor but it has no speed signal... hence needs to be coded as Denso.

LHD code for S2/RS2 should be 00-1-4-0 --> The 4 denotes 4-cyl (the shame of it)
                    RHD code for S2/RS2 should be 00-1-4-1 --> Note that is to align with RECIRC solenoid on RHD evaporator housings

This should be confirmed very soon.
                    Paul Nugent
                    Webmaster http://S2central.net
                    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• Originally posted by johne View Post
                      There's a bit of fiddling around required with the ambient temp display wiring as the head-unit provides the reference source for that into the display module (as opposed to raw connection to the temp sensor at the front bumper on manual aircon cars). The latter option is most likely if going with a complete set of donor parts, cabling and head-unit from a B5 vehicle.

On the B5 cars, the ambient temp sensor feeds the climate computer and then the climate computer outputs a temperature signal up to the display in the dash. The actual sensor is the same in both cases. I decided the easiest way would be to use two sensors. I left my original sensor driving the ambient temp display alone and just used another sensor sitting alongside the original one and wired it back to the climate control computer and ignored the output from the climate computer up to the dash display. The Audi price for the sensor was high so I sourced an electrically equivalent sensor from RS for 5% of the Audi price. The sensor is just a NTC thermistor with a R25 of 1kohms i.e. it's resisitance at 25 degrees C is 1000 ohms.
                      Hi John is the same NTC thermistor used inlet temperature ( G56 ) ?

Comment

• As promissed just wanted to share installed climate control into audi 200 20V

Comment

• Where can i find the write up??

Thanks guys, you are awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by tajgreidotu View Post
                            Where can i find the write up??

Thanks guys, you are awesome!
                            It's here:

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47071

John

Comment

• Originally posted by johne View Post
                              Thanks john, but I was looking for a guide that I saw time ago (I think it was here) about converting the wiring from the older climate to the newer one.

Anyway, its usefull the other link

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShadowofBob View Post
                                Finally put all my info into a .doc and also have some pictures of the process. This is preliminary and I may make changes still. I have yet to test if the AC works though, I need to reflash the CC unit for a 5 cyl and recharge my AC system. As you can see from the temp on the temp gauge no AC isn't a problem right now.

Wiring info:
                                http://pages.sbcglobal.net/shadowofb...4CCdiagram.doc

Test fitting climate head to find out if I need a new center console frame(I did)

Face sticks out too far and no mounting holes

Old climate box

B4 Auto box

Adapter harness

Finished adapter harness

testing the fit of everything(had to remove the front vent tubing and install in dash first in order to get dashboard back in easily)
                                Hey all, Shadowofbob is no longer hosting that wiring diagram for the US coupes currently...did anyone by chance save a file on their hard drive that they wouldn't mind sharing? thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X