heater matrix replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heater matrix replacement

has anyone got a guide for replaceing the heater matrix on a s2 avant?

ive just got the car back on the road and it seems to me like the matrix has broken, when ever i put the heating on the windscreen instantly fogs up, and i can smell coolant, only way to clear it is to leave the blower on cold all the time/wipe away the condensation.

I do have air con, but this has been disconnected

how do i get to the matrix, is it a dash out job, or can i remove some of the dash to get to it?

any help would be appreciated as the weathers not getting any better, and im getting cold!

re:heater matrix replacement .....OUCH!!!!

The guys on the Audiworld Forum...80/90/CQ section have a write up on it. Check it out. It's pretty well the same for all B4 cars. Out comes the dash.....

Comment

use search, plenty of info about that.

itsa dash out job, very time consuming...
      Audi Quattro WR

Comment

I've got a "S2HeaterMatrixpictorial.pdf" here on my computer, excellent guide!
        I thought I had downloaded it from here but I cant for the life of me find the thread.

I'll try uploading it here again then...

[EDIT]
        Here you go..

I'm not trying to take anyones glory here, I'm not the author of the how-to!
        Attached Files
        Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes
        http://www.garaget.org/?car=52877

Comment

Originally posted by k.alle View Post
          I've got a "S2HeaterMatrixpictorial.pdf" here on my computer, excellent guide!
          I thought I had downloaded it from here but I cant for the life of me find the thread.

I'll try uploading it here again then...

[EDIT]
          Here you go..

I'm not trying to take anyones glory here, I'm not the author of the how-to!
          Nice one, cheers fella...

Comment

I did a thread with pictures about removing the dash and heater matrix unit if you look thru my old threads, there's pictures etc.

Comment

Originally posted by avants2turbo View Post
              Nice one, cheers fella...
              Glad I could help!

Good luck and have fun
              Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes
              http://www.garaget.org/?car=52877

Comment

Jeez, what a ballache of a job this is. It's taken me three hours to get everything out and I'm stuck with the last, most inaccessible nut, which holds the heater matrix unit to the bulkhead and the damn thing is just spinning and not coming off

Sometimes I question why I spend so much of my time on the old girl
                91 Modded 3B
                14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
                  Jeez, what a ballache of a job this is.
                  Looks like a terrible job. Good luck.

For the C4 UrS folks, you can do a heater core (matrix) replacement without removing the dash or the console if you follow this DIY:

http://12v.org/urs/C4UrSHeaterCoreRe...ntDIY_Rev1.pdf

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                  94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

I could use some help with this heater matrix replacement please?

I´ve got as far as the last elusive bolt wich I can´t seem to be able to find! I removed the one near the matrix in/outlet pipes but beneath this one I only see the ones that hold the plate with the eletric conectors and are not the ones! Is there an other bolt I´m not seeing because My matrix moves a lot by now but doesn´t come out?

Thank you for the help!

Comment

It´s a lhd ABY!

Comment

The nut holds on the bracket for the electrical connectors too
                        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

That was what I thought but I´ve removed the nuts from the two bolts for the connector hoder and when I wigle the heater the top bolt and the in/outlet wigles also but the bolts for the holder plate don´t and I can´t seem to get it out!

Comment

I´ve removed both nuts that hold the plate and in my case I can´t get the matrix out and the bolts are only for the plate! Maybe lhd is different!

Comment

For LHD, took my friend and I less than 4 hours. We did NOT put back one one of the rear clips. This was on a manual Climate Control Unit. We followed the Procedure linked: http://www.audiworld.com/tech/int55.shtml

by the way guys any thoughts on a Nissens Heater matrix for a RHD Avant?

Comment

Working...
                              X