Afterrun pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afterrun pump

My afterrun pump broke to pieces when I changed my radiator today The hoses for it is just connected with a piece of tubing just so I could limp home.

The question is: Can I leave it as it is, or should I get me another afterrun pump? Will have to idle a bit after stopping, but that's ok by me. The pump wheel seemed a little stuck so it may not have functioned lately anyway.

On the positive side the climate control is working again after changing the condenser today and regassing it
    Leif-Helge
    -91 S2 VEMS and Comp Turbo
    -12 B** 530XD Touring "S2 parts transporter, and daily driver"

Change it. Its best to have it working as them turbo dont half heat up!
    Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

New ones arent very expensive, gives you peice of mind. IIRC they are about 60 UKP
      sigpic
      Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
      Audi UR Quattro
      Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
      Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
      Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by audiman
        New ones arent very expensive, gives you peice of mind. IIRC they are about 60 UKP
        Have ordered one from my local dealer, the price here in Norway is equivalent to ~110 GBP, and that is with 18% discount . Have also just bought the turbo to IC hose, price equv. to ~150GBP. Would be nice to get parts cheaper from somewhere else, isn't it some parts pushers on the forum?
        Leif-Helge

Comment

You should try VAG Parts - MartynF & Audi Parts Guru are both on here. I'm sure they would be cheaper. You can also get that after run pump direct from Bosch...
          Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Avant S2
            You should try VAG Parts - MartynF & Audi Parts Guru are both on here. I'm sure they would be cheaper. You can also get that after run pump direct from Bosch...
            Ok thanks, I'll remember that the next time I need some parts. Have already checked with Bosch dealer regarding the afterrun pump, and they were more expensive than Audi!! They are cheaper usually, I know that, got my MAF from them a while ago, and they were under 1/2 price compared to Audi.
            Leif-Helge

Comment

Working...
            X