Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorted, wasted my time removing the motor! Thanks for the help I've found it and problem resolved . Thanks

Comment

No heater fan at any speed ??

Hi,
      researching this problem I notice that if the fan resistor is faulty then the fan will work on setting 4 only. On mine, no heater settings work, could it still be the resistor pack ? The motor was not particularly noisy, a little rumble now and then. It suddenly stopped working today, checked the fuses and they are fine ???

Is it easy to dislodge the connection to the rotary control switch, I had the radio out and back which may be relevant ?

Any clues..

Thanks Guys

Paul
      (RS2 with AC)

Comment

Originally posted by johne View Post
        It's not on the motor. To the right of the motor you'll find the resistor pack in the side of the ducting between the fan motor and the heater. It's held by one screw and has an electrical connector on it. If you remove it and turn it over you'll see the thermal fuse you need to replace.
        John
        ... Series Resistor Blower Regulator 357907521
        Attached Files

Comment

Guys,

my resistor no. 893820523B just failed again (another one). Is there any solution for repair?
          Regards
          s-l1600.jpg

Comment

With climatronic?

Comment

Yes, old style climate control.

Comment

You can find cheap Jeep part from ebay.

Fit Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ ZG ventilation Resistor Resistance Blower Motor 4720046

20bucks and just needs small work to fit in place.
                I have used this now 6 months with no issues. Remember use thermal gel between parts for proper heat transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by Reimond View Post
                  You can find cheap Jeep part from ebay.

Fit Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ ZG ventilation Resistor Resistance Blower Motor 4720046

20bucks and just needs small work to fit in place.
                  I have used this now 6 months with no issues. Remember use thermal gel between parts for proper heat transfer.
                  Thank You very much

Comment

Originally posted by DeS View Post

Thank You very much
                    Hi, I have the same issue with my Audi S2 blower resistor (893820523b original part no.). Did that mentioned "Jeep Grand Cherokee resistor 4720046" really solve your problem or what was the solution?? Thanks for answering in advance.

Comment

I have replaced it with original used one. It solved issue.

Comment

Originally posted by DeS View Post
                        I have replaced it with original used one. It solved issue.
                        Thanks to let us know how you solved the problem. I even bought an used original from a Lithuanian eBay trader - but this thing was probably broken already before. Very bad - it runs at full blowing speed only - no power regulation. Certain original used parts are very very rare for Audi S2 today. Next to the Lithuanian trader I only found two used original resistor 893 820 523B parts in Spain - but before buying again one of those old but "expensive" resistors I will give the "Jeep" alternate a try (at 30 bucks incl. express shipment). Reimond just confirmed that it still working fine and if it is working fine for me, too I will leave a note here (if someone else is searching the same issue).

Comment

Finally, the whole AUDI resistor part, incl. cooling element, was replaced by the Jeep resistor 4720046 and it works so far. Problem was, the Jeep resistor itself cannot easily be removed from the aluminium cooling to replace just that original resistor at the AUDI cooling element. Therefore the whole Jeep part was used and fixed somehow at the air duct. At least this worked for me and hopefully will do for the next couple of years.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
                            X