overheating 3b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overheating 3b

due to a small leak in my radiator it leaks coolant. There is constantly the symbole for overheating present in the display on the dashboard. I read something on this forum that because of possible overheating the ecu lowers the boost and shut the aircon off. Is this true?, I did not found the car that quick and my aircon is not working anymore
    Getting everything sorted out for my 5++ hp project

Yes. 3B only. Multisensor is the one that signals over temp.
    -

Comment

So it is possible that that could be the reason that the car isnt showing his real power. How much boost do you have when the symbole of overheating is on?.

Does the ECU also shutdown the aircon?

Comment

If you have manual AC then no, it keeps working. If you have climate then yes it shuts down. if car is stock then you should get 0.4bar boost. It may be that the car IS overheating as there is no coolant in it.

My advise is mend the leak(new rad) and see if that cure the symbol problem, if not then fit new multifunction switch.
        sigpic
        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
        Audi UR Quattro
        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Thanks audiman,

I think I closed the leak, at the moment it is not leaking anymore.

I have climatcontrol and it is not working at the moment.

As fas as I know the car is standard. The water temp is not exceeding the 80 degrees, but it is still giving the overheating symbole. I think it will go out when I refill it to the top. I tested my car with the gtech pro competition, I was a bit shocked about the bad figures. 0 - 100 km in 7,6 seconds. When the boost is just 0,4 bar it explains these figures.

Comment

Working...
          X