No announcement yet.

S2 engine temp. problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simons I'm unsure about what you wrote.....

"the fan doesn't start automaticaly and the fuses number 5 and 20 sometimes appear melted" . Here in the States we have run into the problem you have stated about your cooling fan. The Ground(-) is not grounding properly & in fact is causing the cooling fan to work sporadically or not at all. We also have found that the plug going into the cooling fan assembly may be internally burnt. You will need to remove the cooling fan and look at the connectors and plug. I myself have had to completely re-wire the fan circuit because of the failed ground. Here in the States most of us have retro-fitted the 200 Turbo fix that Audi devised for the same problem. A huge Fuse assembly. Go to QuattroWorld forum dealing 80/90/CQ & ask those guys about your problem.

Comment

Hi Panzerwagen, sorry for my english

when I bridge the thermo switch connector, the fan always ran in 1st or 2nd speed without problems, I think that the ground is good...the electrical schemes said that the earth connection is in front left wiring loom, I will search it

I removed the connector of the fan and it looks well, it was white and it hasn't got any "black rest" of burn...but I didn't look inside the fan's plug

I boiled two thermo switch and they worked perfect, the 1st and 2nd switch work...but when I fit on the radiator they never have enought temperature to work...something happend on my radiator

Next monday I will fit, if I have free time, the new main radiator(not from scrap), and I will look inside the fan's plug

If the radiator don't start automaticaly, I will test to block the aux. radiator and the after run system...I am going to take a look at QuattroWorld

Comment

Hi, today I had fitted the new main radiator, the fan didn't start until cancel the aux. radiator.

Then the fan started on 1st gear but the temp. gauge showed about 100ºC/105ºC aprox. and the 1st gear thermoswitch is on 91ºC and the 2nd on 97ºC, it isn't oem.

is it possible that the gauge goes bad?? or it's more probably the 3 contacts electronic thermoswitch, F76, what I bought on 034mts isn't compatible

Now it hasn't got installed the thermostat

Any idea??

Thanks!

Comment

Good news!!

Today I changed the 3 contacts electronic thermoswitch, F76, what I bought on 034mts and I fit a new oem thermoswitch, the fan starts between 90º and next point, perfect, the problem was the 034 mts thermoswitch who sent to the gauge a false signal, I think...

This saturday I will go on holiday and when I'll come back, I will fit the thermostat becouse my holiday's place doesn't have tools an nothing to fix the car if I would need it(remove the thermostat, for example), but I think, when I will fit the thermostat I haven't got any problems...I hope, I will post it

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X