Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi A4 1.9Tdi quattro Avant

Hi Guys,

Yes I know...........it's a diesel! but I can't afford the Optimax & 21mpg in the S6 for everyday use even though the Climate Contol works very effectively!

So here goes my story of woe..........

Air Conditioning,what a time to pack in, right in the middle of some good hot weather!

My A4 Air Con Compressor is failing and the Orifice Tube Valve is blocked with grease & aluminium sludge.

The Orifice Tube has been replaced twice in a bid to fix the problem and to be fair the air con ran for a week before becoming blocked and then after another Orifice Tube Valve was put in, it ran for a day before blocking up again.

Apparantly the VW/Audi Zexel Compressor is notorious for failing in this way, it is something to do with a washer inside that breaks down blocking the system with escaping bearing grease and bits of said washer.This blockage makes the compressor work twice as hard and eventually leads to a compressor failure.

I am going to need a new or reconditioned compressor and a new receiver/drier plus a system flush and then a re-gas.

Does anybody out there know who sells new or reconditioned compressors that dosen't involve a second mortgage, preferably in the North West although traveling isn't too much of a problem and I have somebody to fit the compressor & receiver/drier and flush/re-gas the system but I am open to suggestions and recommendations

I believe the part number for the compressor is 8DO 260 805 but not sure about the receiver/drier.

Any help appreciated.

Ta

Dave
    1997 S6 Avant

They are always failing, my dealer keeps compressors in stock!!!

Try Vagparts for AC spares, they are very good on prices. Failing that Airparts do some cheap recon units with 1 year warranty.

HTH
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Airparts

Originally posted by audiman
      They are always failing, my dealer keeps compressors in stock!!!

Try Vagparts for AC spares, they are very good on prices. Failing that Airparts do some cheap recon units with 1 year warranty.

HTH
      Have you got the Airparts contact details?

Cheers

Dave
      1997 S6 Avant

Comment

Working...
      X