X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2central.net
    replied
    RIght then - had a quick squizz at MY98 B5 platform ACC diagrams - W chassis Audi A4 - and they are different from earlier years. One notable difference is with the blower motor & control. On MY98 its an integrated 5-pin affair. Some wires are same purpose, some are not. Seems the 5-pin affair was used on MY97 setup as well.

You would need to be careful when mixing and matching looms, head units and such to get it all compatible.

AFAIK - the early A4 loom is functionally the same as LHD S2/RS2 climate loom but you would need to modify it along the way.

I will endeavour to get a good review of johne's guide to see if I can help unravel any wiring mysteries... What I mean is that his guide may not be valid for a conversion from an MY98 vehicle due to these few wiring differences - above and beyond the V2/J126 integration.

Leave a comment:

• s2avant
    replied
    Originally posted by rj scotty View Post
    if you have the diagrams for A4 on a W VIN that would help lots

cheers

rich
    I should be able to sort out A4 W VIN diagrams. Is it just the climate you want? PM me you email address and I'll sort it out.

Ben

Leave a comment:

• S2central.net
    replied
    I do but they are on paper only and might be US specific... Will try to do that tonight sometime. PM to remind me

Leave a comment:

• rj scotty
    replied
    if you have the diagrams for A4 on a W VIN that would help lots

cheers

rich

Leave a comment:

• S2central.net
    replied
    Don't miss a trick here... that website covers other cars and years - look for Auto Climate in a 1995 Audi 90 and you should have the LHD B3/B4 platform with climate to compare in same format to early B5 (Audi A4).

Leave a comment:

• S2central.net
    replied
    Oh those aren't official Audi diagrams by the way - some schlonky aftermarket Russian format I've seen before - not as friendly as Audi style - damn

Leave a comment:

• S2central.net
    replied
    OK - now it makes sense... will download, print and ponder for a while.

Leave a comment:

• rj scotty
    replied
    use the link in si16vcoupes post

cheers

rich

Leave a comment:

• rj scotty
    replied
    My blower drive output is on pin C16 as johne's list not tthe above diagram
    But my fan speed monitor is on C11

Leave a comment:

• S2central.net
    replied
    WTF - I never studied Russian at skool

I cannot even see a link to that site in Engerlish

Leave a comment:

• rj scotty
    replied
    looking like this 1997 diagram has some diffrences to my loom out of a VIN number W car

Leave a comment:

• rj scotty
    replied
    http://autolib.diakom.ru/CAR/Audi/19...NG%20DIAGRAMS/

These ones
    The supply to C13 is a peranent supply from the digital clock curcuit and is not needed on this controler it retains it's memory when the the unit has no 12v feed.

Leave a comment:

• S2central.net
    replied
    What wiring diagram are you working from here - is it online somewhere ?

I have Bentley US schematics for the A4 and obviously all the 80 diagrams so we should be able to nail this one.

Leave a comment:

• rj scotty
    replied
    Just looked at the 1997 diagram and compared them to johne's. They appear to be the same in all aspects except pin A11 this goes to the instrument cluster in the A4 where as johne took it to T5h pin 4. I'm struggling with the blower wiring at the minute. it appears from the diagram that the live supply to the blower is cut when the low pressure relay is denergized, so if your a/c lost gas your blower would not work

Also my loom dose not have a C13 live supply could be nothing, could be a headache

cheers

rich

Leave a comment:

• S2central.net
    replied
    Seems like an early A4 (MY95/96) donor is a simpler conversion then. The best option for CCU is from European Audi 80 with climate - that can be coded perfectly for RHD 5-cyl... I suspect other CCU from early A4 and 100 models can be used too though its been a long time since I looked into this one. Johne did a lot of great work here so I would defer to his guide in the 1st instance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X