After run pump...Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After run pump...Help

My s2 3b needed a battery before I started it for the first time in 2 yrs as soon as i connected the teminals the after run pump started to run even with the ignition off and keys out and doesn't stop. I had to diconnect batt terminals to get it to stop.Has any one came across this before or does anyone know whats wrong.

It should only run for around 5 seconds when the ignition is switched on. Check the wiring to the two pin (front most) temp sender on the water rail under the inlet manifold. I cant remember exactly where the relay is for this - behind drivers side kick panel maybe? Perhaps the relay contacts are stuck, try giving it a tap.

Comment

Originally posted by docspeedtriple View Post
      My s2 3b needed a battery before I started it for the first time in 2 yrs as soon as i connected the teminals the after run pump started to run even with the ignition off and keys out and doesn't stop. I had to diconnect batt terminals to get it to stop.Has any one came across this before or does anyone know whats wrong.
      It's common for the after-run relay to fail in this way. If you just unplug it from the auxilary fuse panel in the driver's footwell the pump will stay off until you can fix it or get a replacement. Many of us have managed for years without the afterrun pump and/or relay.

John

Comment

After-run Auxiliary (additional) Coolant Pump and Switch Info

Originally posted by docspeedtriple View Post
        Has any one came across this before or does anyone know whats wrong.
        Stuck 324 after-run/auxiliary/additional coolant pump relay. Should only come on for 10 minutes and only after the ignition is shut off AND the coolant temp rises to 110 C.

Not sure where your "324" relay will be. For a LHD C4 UrS4/S6 it is located in the passenger side kick panel (see brown relay in the photo).

More info here: http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/21503.phtml

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Working...
        X