Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water in my car!!! Damn air conditioning / climate control !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in my car!!! Damn air conditioning / climate control !!!

I've spent a few years (wasn't my top priority) fixing my Air Conditioning on my 3B S2. I couldn't find anyone with the right nozzle to insert the freeze gas in the AC system.
    Anyway, I've fixed the problem in the winter and now summer is here and I've started using the AC.
    I was on a trip yesterday and my girlfriend said hey some watter dropped on my leg.
    Hmm.. I thought maybe it was some condense from her cold bottle of water.
    But later I put my hand down on the floor and it was wet.
    I've pulled over and DISASTER, the entire driver floor (left side ) was full with water, I mean like 1.5-2 litres, and on the passenger side there was water but not so much as on the drivers side.
    I admit, there were some squicky noises coming from the engine while driving, and at one time there was steam coming from the central air ventilating consoles, but I couldn't be bothered.

So, what do you think?
    For start I am thinking that the circuit for getting out the condense water that the AC is making may be blocked. Where should I look for that?

Any other ideas?

Originally posted by bartolomeus View Post
    So, what do you think?
    Heater core/matrix.
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Apparently quite a PITA to do. Rusty on here did it a few months ago as I recall
      1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Is the engine useing water? If so it's heater matrix. If not it's drain for air conditioning. I don't know where that is...

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Check the drain tube from your evaporator isn't blocked. It's a common problem on S8s. I used to get water on my legs when I went around roundabouts.
          SS

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
            Check the drain tube from your evaporator isn't blocked. It's a common problem on S8s. I used to get water on my legs when I went around roundabouts.
            Yes that's what it will be

Right hand side, follow the gear box well till the bulk head it should be there plastic nozzles and a rubber pipe these should be connected

Mine come of before
            RS 2 580HP

Comment

Originally posted by diesel des View Post
              Is the engine useing water? If so it's heater matrix. If not it's drain for air conditioning. I don't know where that is...

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
              The engine coolant level is the same - if that is what you're asking.
              So it must be drain from AC.
              I will check the plastic nozzles and rubber pipe as Jade suggests

Anybody any pictures with the nozzle and rubber pipe?

Comment

I've searched now the word "drain" and I've found this post:

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...?t=9380&page=2

"There is a water drain from the heater box up by the ECU. Its used for draining off the condensation from the evaporator. Its on the trans. tunnel side of the car. Its a pipe about 1" in dia. Mine came off once and soaked the carpets. Now its clipped back on."

And also this:

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?

Comment

Working...
                X