Low side A/C Port adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low side A/C Port adapter

I was just wondering if anybody has a part number for low side port adapter?

Thanks

Do you mean a low side R12 to R134 adapter, in which case I don't believe it's an Audi part but it is a generic aftermarket item?

John

Comment

what you want is an extension piece to move the low port adaptor to the engine bay.
      Makes servicing the a/c a lot easier
      sigpic
      "For what you spent on that you could have brought a new car"
      BUT I DON'T WANT A NEW CAR!

1995 S2 Avant, Volcano Black
      1982 VW Golf Mk1, primer yellow, will be finished one day, maybe.
      2003 VW T4 long nose X pack, (has become project)

Comment

What I meant is adapter that one would screw on the low side port on compresor and other end would allow connection for A/C machine (R134a of course). I have filled my sytem through high side port but i would like to see pressures both on high side an low side, thus the need for adapter.

I assumed there is an adapter from audi (but that is what happens when one assumes), but apparently i am wrong.

Have any of you guys puchased/made such adapter?

Comment

This is what I believe you want:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/R12-R22-R5...item2c87850b52

John

Comment

Originally posted by johne View Post
            This is what I believe you want:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/R12-R22-R5...item2c87850b52

John
            That is what I mean, but i have a seto of those and they dont fit. Audi evidently used not so common thread size

Thanks for help

Comment

I believe it is a fairly standard thread for R12. It is called 1/4" SAE but it measures as follows:

7/16" x 20 tpi - or - 0.4375 inch by 20 threads per inch - or - M11x1.25 is extremely close enough
              Specific power graph

Comment

Low side A/C Port adapter

If r12, there is a grainger t you can buy to add a low pressure service port... The prt number is on QW.
                If your system is already r134a the Mastercool 82272 adaptor fits where the low pressure switch is and allows you to charge via the low pressure side. You'll need to jumper the switch so the compressor engages.

Comment

Working...
                X