Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with climate control

Hi,

In was wondering if anyone has experienced the issue I am having with my climate control. When I want to turn on the A/C the snowflake on the screen will only light up when the button is depressed. The whole system was serviced recently and was working really well. It's like the button won't turn the A/C. To top this off, the A/C will then randomly come on and go off, lighting the snowflake on the screen!

Any thoughts or suggestions welcome!

I am thinking of trying to get a second hand control panel to test the function of the existing one. Could it be a relay issue?

Many thanks in anticipation,

Mark

I just around to looking into this in more detail. It's very strange, the aircon worked all summer, then worked on and off and now not at all. I thought that perhaps it could be the relay. I removed the cover on the fuse box and there is no relay there (267 I think) where the cover says electro magnetic relay control for climate control. Any ideas?

Comment

What's the outside temperature?
      The compressor will not engage if you have an outside temp of 5 or less degrees celsius
      http://www.audisportclub.com/

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/vbgoogl...227295&zoom=16

Comment

The intake duct sensor tells the climate control unit to turn off the AC when the outside temp it too low to prevent the evaporator from freezing up. Have you tested it on Vagcom for faults?

Another thought is that it is not uncommon for the solder joints on the ribbon connector inside the control unit to crack, this normally manifests in the buttons intermittently not working properly. It's an easy fix, remove the control unit and take the face off. Have a look at the solder joints on the ribbon connector on the face plate PCB and repair any that are cracked.

BTW: The clutch relay is in the aux relay panel under the drivers side of the dash.
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by veneto rs2 View Post
          What's the outside temperature?
          The compressor will not engage if you have an outside temp of 5 or less degrees celsius
          That totally makes sense then, it was under 5 degrees by a reasonable margin, I want to use the aircon to demist though. Is there another sensor I could fit with a different value?

Comment

sure but the evaporator will freeze and the AC won't work anyway so no point in doing that
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
            X