Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rad fan on when climate control in use??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rad fan on when climate control in use??

when the climate control is on in my S2, in any setting (auto or manual) and regardless if it calls for A/C or not... am I missing something?
    Turn the climate control off (fan to 0) and the rad fan shuts off as well.

Please help
    www.quattro.ca
    B2: 82 Urq into Sport quattro, 82 4000 2-door, 83 80q 2 Door, 83 Ur-q CDN, 85 Ur-q Euro with 3B, 86 4kq, 59,000km
    B3/B4: 91 CQ, 93 90q 2.5TDI, 94 80q avant 2.5tdi, 94 S2 Avant

Sounds normal. should be running speed 1.
    Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Only with compressor on!
      On econ mode, should be off.

Comment

That is what I would expect but it is on all the time while CC is on (and a/c off)

Thanks
        www.quattro.ca
        B2: 82 Urq into Sport quattro, 82 4000 2-door, 83 80q 2 Door, 83 Ur-q CDN, 85 Ur-q Euro with 3B, 86 4kq, 59,000km

Comment

That fan speed is controlled by afterrun relay and clima unit.
          If the rad stops with clima off...then, the afterrun works ok.

Comment

Can you try another known good working clima head?

Comment

I'm bored with it.
              A/C compressor off (manual) and I put the climate control on 20ºC; the Rad Fan is OFF. But If I select more than this temp. >20ºC the Rad Fan turns ON and the coolant temp goes from around 85/91ºC to 80ºC or less.
              I think than´s not normal, that isn't correct. True?
              photobucket SUCKS
              sigpic

Comment

8 month and none have any idea?
                photobucket SUCKS
                sigpic

Comment

A/C compressor off (manual) and I put the climate control on 20ºC; the Rad Fan is OFF.

But If I select more than this temp. >20ºC the Rad Fan turns ON and the coolant temp goes from around 85/91ºC to 80ºC or less.

I think than´s not normal, that isn't correct. True?
                  imho, it's not normal, the factory would not have designed it that way. Engine should retain a steady temperature once it warms up regardless of what accessories it's running.

Sorry I can't be of more help with the cure.

Last edited by macspring; 4 November 2016, 16:09.

Comment

Originally posted by M_GORDON View Post

8 month and none have any idea?
                    I was waiting for someone else to go first.

Comment

I try with 2 modules, I try adjusting some values of internal controls etc. And nothing.

Firstly I thought if I reppaired with one chanel (don't remember who) adjust. Because at first, my fan turns ON with only 19ºC on the C. Control and last with 23ºC.
                      But some month later and battery recharge; now with 20ºC not, but with required 21ºC , the Fan already turns on.
                      And watter goes cooled and I colder (hahahahaha)

PS: I try, prove with non OEM thermostat and with 2 originals
                      photobucket SUCKS
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ralleyquattro View Post
                        when the climate control is on in my S2, in any setting (auto or manual) and regardless if it calls for A/C or not... am I missing something?
                        Turn the climate control off (fan to 0) and the rad fan shuts off as well.

Please help
                        Did you find the problem?
                        I was looking at some electrical diagrams but don't find what it could be.
                        is there a way to test the climate control panel for a good working?

Comment

Sorry, I did not, do not have a spare head unit to try yet.

Panel works ok.. sometimes I can not lower or increase temp, like the buttons do not work, and then works all good.

Must be the control unit.
                          www.quattro.ca

Comment

Working...
                          X