my S2 3B ecc is dead :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my S2 3B ecc is dead :(

I have (just bought) a mid 91 S2 3B with the old style electronic climate control, but it's totaly dead the only thing that works is the red lights around the buttons.
    Anyone got any ideas?? It's freeeeezing cold at night

(I've tried the fuses under the bonnet, but everything seems fine. I've also changed the control unit with another one, but still dead..)

Check that 2 connectors on the left end of the air box assy inside the dash are connected properly. These can be found easily by removing the shelf under steering wheel or the instrument cluster. There is a big red one and smaller round beige one. If these are ok, the other place to check is near the ac programmer unit over the glove box. It has a black connector nearby. It's actually in a bit nasty position near the center console switches (fog lights etc).
    -

Comment

thanks

I have removed the shelf under the steering wheel now, ant the connectors where fine.. but it was a number of connectors closer to the door that was not connectet.. is this normal? (some small round ones in white at purple, green, a small yellow one and more.. )

I think a wirering diagram would be helpful total mess..

Comment

Connect same shape, same colour together and see what happens

There are extra connectors for option equipment that were not installed on your car.
        -

Comment

oki.. can't find anything that fits together in same colour, so it's probably fine

checked out the things you mentioned, but everything seemed fine.. still not working

any more ideas?

Comment

You found voltage at the beige and red connector? There are at least 2 feeds in those. Measure grounding at the control unit brown thick wire.
            -

Comment

doh!

*embarrassed*

"me stupid".. did not check for voltage, only checked that they all were pluged inn allright..

everything but back together now, so will have a look another day.

thanx Porkkis

Comment

Working...
              X