Black Metal intake pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Metal intake pipe

When i fitted my NOS kit, i made a small hole in this for the injector to be fitted... i'm now removing the kit as i never use it and need the money...

Anyone have any ideas how i could plug this small hole that i've made so that i can drive the car normally...

Cheers
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

if its made out of alloy could you get it welded? i suppose i doesnt matter what metal its made of they all can be welded!!
    Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

Stick a cut down bolt in it. Try drilling a trial hole in sommat else then when youve got the right size for the right bolt then drill out the black pipe to accomadate the bolt. Maybe try a bit of polyurathane sealant/adhesive sealant just to help keep it air tight. Or weld a patch on! Or slide a section of hose over it with two jubilee clips on?
      Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Comment

Get a new one

I think it is mild steel, so get it welded

Nut and Bolt

Silicon Hose over it with couple of jubilee clips.

Go for a new one.
        S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

They are not cheap by any means! ;-))
          Martyn
          -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

unless you know the right people, eh?!
            Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

A heve a spare new one
              Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Out of choice would want an intact one, so 2nd hand etc... but will have to bodge in the mean time... the bolt option crossed my mind, but was v paranoid about the nut coming loose and ending up in the engine doing damage!

Will prob go for weld or a patch and jubliee clips until i can sort something proper out, cos dont like bodging things
                Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Its only mild steel so just weld it up. Its very thin, so have the welder turned down!!
                  sigpic
                  Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                  Audi UR Quattro
                  Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                  Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                  Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

I'll get someone to do it... know just the person....

Tom..... whats ur rates for working on S2's.... might want some stuff done and seeing as you know what ur doing and a mechanic and on here might prove handy
                    Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Er, did you mention that "S", thats standard rate, divided by 0.1, -50.

I would love to do the work for you but, i am unable to do homers, family politics and all that *****.

But if you want to book through work its 34+VAT ph
                      sigpic
                      Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                      Audi UR Quattro
                      Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                      Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                      Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

S2 Ant . An just to warm you up. Isn't she sweet ?

But in your case of course I would go welding. Much cheaper indeed and not expensive.

Attached Files
                        Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Originally posted by S2 Ant
                          Out of choice would want an intact one, so 2nd hand etc... but will have to bodge in the mean time... the bolt option crossed my mind, but was v paranoid about the nut coming loose and ending up in the engine doing damage!

Will prob go for weld or a patch and jubliee clips until i can sort something proper out, cos dont like bodging things
                          if you can live without it send it me..i will weld it in such a way you will not know its ever had a hole.
                          You pay shipping both ways and give me enough for 3 pints at my local.

let me know

Comment

Working...
                          X