Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust header question

Hi all

I've been checking through the (many) posts about aftermarket exhaust systems, but can't quite find the answer to my question.

What I would like to know is, when you folks have new exhaust systems fitted (custom or off the shelf), do you replace the entire system from the turbo onwards ?

I was having a look at the bit near the turbo and it would seem fairly complicated to fabricate. Or, can one get his bit off the shelf and have the rest custom made.
    I would like to replace this bit on my car since it has had a few altercations with speed bumps and is looking a bit flat. I need to do the rest of the exhaust anyway so was wondering if I could buy this bit and have the rest made up by our local Powerflow crowd. I don't know if I would trust them near my turbo

Thanks
    Andre
    1995 RS2 Avant - Custom SS exhaust, Koni adjustables, Custom map, large grin ...

Milltek offers an uprated downpipe and cat.
    Rex

Comment

I think most "sports exhaust" systems start from either the downpipe, or the Cat.
      Scorpion do a system that starts from the Cat, but depending upon your preference/age of car, you can have Cat replacement pipes as well.

The exhaust manifold tends to stay - although there are uprated manifolds available too I believe - Dialynx do one? Or then you could get an RS2 manifold (correct me if I'm wrong guys!)
      Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Working...
      X