Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milltek system

Good morning,

does anybody know the width of the Milltek system?

I know the exhaust pipes are 2x76mm but I would like to know the width of the center section.
    Is it 2'5 inches or 3 inches?

94' RS2 Coupe TT (Twin Torsen )

This brings up a great topic for me! I need an exhaust system for my e//S2.
    Any suggestions?

NEVER MIND, FOUND A THREAD BELOW>>>
    Last edited by desmo888; 4 December 2003, 15:08.
    Dave K.
    USA
    1991 e//S2 (home built S2 - the only way to get one in USA!)
    2001 S4

Comment

According to a nice lady at Milltek its 2½".

You can get a 3" one, but it would be a custom job and prohibitively expensive.
      ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Thank you very much.

I needed a 3'' for the transformation I am doing. Already have the Cat back system installed so I cannot adapt it.

Well I might be selling a Cat back Milltek system for the coupe ABY soon I guess.

Comment

Not if for the me! Mine is 2.5" from the stock cats merging into 3" from the y piece back if you get the same system that I have....S2 6 speed avant. They had my car for a week and developed a new system which was baffled very differntly from the RS2 one!! It is an excellent conversion. They did several systems on my car before they were 100% happy. Top company. Spent some time talking to Mr Phil MKiilington (Milltek Managing Director) about stuff. He certainly knows his onoins. They also did a system for my dads Volvo 850R which transformed the car no end! He had the turbo back system done with high flow cats and it went from me caning his butt to being about equal on the open road. I destroy my dad on the corners though because he struggles with the crap Vulva chasis with FWD. Myself and my dad have our cars on the website too!! green S2 and red Volvo. A company that hold the entire back catalogue for all Aston Martin systems ever produced and also make exhausts for production Bentleys has got to be a good thing! Exhausts expand a lot during thrashes and our systems are perfect in every respect: no touching though all extremes and very high quality manufacture too. They supply top end production and a lot of tuning firms including Dahlbrak racing too!
          1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
          Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Lee,
            I bought in July, installed in september the S2 Coupe 6 speed cat back system.
            Parts included:
            MSUR 14: 2 into 1 section
            MSUR 3: Center silencer
            MSUR 7: Rear silencer 2x76mm

Are this the same as yours?
            If they are they should be 3'' from the 2 into 1 section, correct

Thanks

Comment

To be honest, not sure. I know mine is 76mm from where the cat pipes merge and this goes through 1 silencer before the back box. Since I didn't buy the parts to fit them I can't tell you if we have similar components and I have no idea what the part numbers were. I gave my car to them and picked it up a week later with a nice shiny burbling exhaust. Sorry, not very helpful I know. I do know that their current S2 avant system is different to the Coupe (not just due to the chasis differences but they did use my car to play around quite a bit with the baffling) and they used my car to redesign the RS2 system to suit my car. Have you got a vernier to measure the pipe diameter? Got my exhaust done in March 2002.
              1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
              Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Just measure the width and is 2,5 inches.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                X