thinking of getting rid of center box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking of getting rid of center box

if i get rid of the centre box will it up the hp ? and i like it load but will it be offensive ?
    I have scorpion back box and de-cat pipes rest is standard where will i find a straight through pipe as scorpion dont make them im having it remapped at garage meet so hope to get it sorted b4 nice one

Keith I have a 2 silencer system at it is louder than standard but not too intrusive and has a nice sound. its a 3" turbo back system so may sound different on standard exhaust
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
      Keith I have a 2 silencer system at it is louder than standard but not too intrusive and has a nice sound. its a 3" turbo back system so may sound different on standard exhaust
      Hiya Greg !

I'm thinking of putting on a turbo back 3 inch exhaust on my Avant and I was planning on only having a single back box at the end of it with two 60 or 70mm tips.

Do you think it's gonna be loud ? I'd like my S2 to sound like those rallye SportQuattro's but only on full boost. At legal highway speeds, I'd like my exhaust to be non-intrusive if you see what I mean... To cut a long story short, I want the best of both worlds :mischeif:

Whaddya think ?

Thanx !

David
      Midnight Blue S2 - SOLD - 1993 S2 Avant

Comment

well mine with two silencers can be a bit boomy around 70 & is alot louder than stock. Does sound good on boost too. To sound like the rally cars you would prob only want 1 silencer though
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

louder

excellent one box it is has anyone seen the dvd to fast to race the sound of the rally audis wow

Comment

my car has one box, 14"x 8"x4" which is just before the bend over the sub frame

its 104dbs which dosent pass sound checks on most track days

my old home made system was a standard back box with a piece of flexi hose from the down pie back to the bend over the sub frame and that was fine bout 96dbs

Comment

i got a 2 box "long life power flow" stainless system. Sounds as quiet as standard.

it consists of a tiny middle box and a huge back box.

Im thinking of removing the middle box which think wont make it too loud, however i get the feeling its the rear box thats limiting me as the design is pants.
              ABY Coupe
              sigpic

Comment

This is mine from the downpipe to rear box. It does sound nice and not too loud well .........a little more than OE..........and it does pop etc

Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
                S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

pipes

that looks good where did you get yours from and how many boxes have you got ?

Comment

Originally posted by rotoryboy
                    It does sound nice and not too loud well .........a little more than OE..........and it does pop etc
                    Tell that to all the OAP's you've scared half to death
                    My local neighbourhood watch are out to get you

Does sound the bo**ocks though, and it's only loud at 6.5k rpm
                    2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
                    2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
                    1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

I have a 3" from the downpipe all the way to rear axle, then steps down slightly to go over and has the one tuned box at the rear.

Mark

Race Clio RS197

Comment

Originally posted by Jas11n
                        Tell that to all the OAP's you've scared half to death
                        My local neighbourhood watch are out to get you

Does sound the bo**ocks though, and it's only loud at 6.5k rpm

Well alright, maybe a little loud at high RPM
                        Mark

Race Clio RS197

Comment

@Rotorboy what classification ofd noise did u ask for from Longlife? I dont want it to intrusive but when i boot it i want a nice rumble? was thinking mild sport?
                          Also when u say from the downpipe is that just before the cats? When they do it before the downpipe can they just do a pipe just straight through or do they use cat bypass pipes? To be honest i dont really understand where the downpipe starts and ends on the car please help
                          3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

Comment

@ Mark, how do you pass the MOT without cats on your 3" system?

Cheers,

Steve
                            The Perfectionist
                            sigpic
                            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80
                              @ Mark, how do you pass the MOT without cats on your 3" system?

Cheers,

Steve

Mark's car is pre August 1992

Hold on a minute! 93 S2 as in his sig???

Comment

Working...
                              X