Mot Emission Limits!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mot Emission Limits!!

Well here it is, the MOT emission limits for all you guys with 1992 onwards vehicles...(this is my first attempt at posting and attachment so hope it works!)
    A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Hmmm didn't seem to work! Will try again...
    :wacked:
    A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Comment

Ok now I am getting fed up..... how do you post a picture in your replies?
      Can someone pm me and let me know please... cheers guys

Comment

Ok folks, can't seem to get a legible copy to show you so I will do it the long way.... This only applies if your car fails the BETS test.
        Passenger cars 1st August 1992 onwards. If first used between 1/8/92 and 31/7/95... can an exact match be found in the gas analyser database or the service emissions book, if the answer is yes you carry out a CAT test using the "vehicle specific limits" If you can't find an "exact match" then you carry out a non CAT test using limits of CO<=3.5% and HC<=1200ppm.

Vehicles used on or after 1/8/95, if you can find an exact match then you carry out a CAT test using the vehicle specific limits. If you can't find an exact match then you carry out a CAT test using the default limits...... min oil temp 60c fast idle 2,500-3,000 rpm, CO<=0.3%, HC<-200ppm, Lambda 0.97-1.03. Idle limit 450-1500rpm,CO<=0.5%.

Now the Ministry explanantion odf an exact match goes like this.....
        To find an exact matchin the current emissions data book, you will need the make,model and other such data as engine size,model code,engine code,VIN code or serial number.
        If after normal cleaning and or scraping processes a particular code is unreadable or inaccessible, carry on as if no exact match can be found. If the flow chart in the manual leads to a non Cat test then carry out that test. If the flow chart leads to a catalyst test to default limits then carry out that test but use the less demanding of either the default limits or the specific limits for any vehicle which is an exact match in everything but an unreadable code.

Now the way you could interpret this is if you have no stickers in the spare wheel well or on the timing belt cover to indicate engine code and you are de-catted you should be able to get your car through it's emission test as long as she is running ok on the non-cat test limits. Hopefully your local MOT stations follow the guidelines correctly!

HTH anyone who has emission problems/queries

Comment

Working...
        X