broken exhaust mainfold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broken exhaust mainfold

today i checked my engine.... i found out that i have some tiny break line in exhaust mainfold (EM) what should i do? can i fix it or i should wait until EM totaly breaks up and then buy new one?
    has anyone allready any experinces with broken EM?

thanks

Grega
    Audi Coupe S2 1993
    Audi V8 4.2 1993
    Audi cabrio 1998

Grega can you post a picture of the manifold here?

Quite a few of the UK guys have swapped manifold over here, so you may be able to grab yourself a bargain from some of them!

Martyn
    Martyn
    -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

the original exhaust manifold that came with the motor I purchased had a hair line fracture on the 5th exhaust pipe/cast work?

Basically I was told that it could be nickel 99 welded? I think that's what they said but no one would stand behind their welds because of the high amounts of heat produced.

I ended up getting another used exhaust manifold for $100.

Cheers
      Josh
      I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

Comment

Grega,

If you need one i have a standard S2 one sitting in my living room at the moment.
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Josh-stateside wrote: the original exhaust manifold that came with the motor I purchased had a hair line fracture on the 5th exhaust pipe/cast work?

i have exactly the same fracture and in the same area! How long doest it takes in your engine, untile EM totaly gives up? How do u know, that new EM (used) is in good conditions?

greg_s, you got PM

thanks m8ts!!!
          Last edited by valjo; 14 December 2003, 09:16.
          Audi Coupe S2 1993
          Audi V8 4.2 1993
          Audi cabrio 1998

Comment

martynf@ what kind of em pics should i put in the post? my em is still in full use, so i cant take a pics of tiny fracture, whitch is in down side of em. Do you have any good em for reasonable price martynf?

grega
            Audi Coupe S2 1993
            Audi V8 4.2 1993
            Audi cabrio 1998

Comment

It's no use to welde cracked manifold !
              Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

HI Grega,

Sorry, I thought you had the EM off the car, so we could see the crack in a picture is you took one. But seeing as its still fitted....

Anyhow, Greg has one he can help you with with should be just fine!

Martyn
                Martyn
                -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Working...
                X