Prism Motorsport...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prism Motorsport...

Going to see them on Friday to get a definite quote for the exhaust system on my car...

I spoke to them on the phone yesterday lunch time and asked for an approximate quote, started describing the car but said he was familiar with what they are etc... said it would be around £350+vat for system and an additional £70-80 for the de-cat part...

So looking at around £430+vat.... hoping that is an accurate quote, find out friday Hoping to maybe avoid VAT too but who knows....

Hopefully book it in for end of Jan or there abouts, money permitting...
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Ant,

Thats where I got my 3 inch Downpipe, seperate WG exhaust, and de-cat made up.
    Clive, the fella that does all the welding work there is brilliant at what he does, and I have nothing but good things to say about them.
    Get him to show you around their twin turbo V8 BMW racer that they have built, its an awesome motor .

Mark.
    Mark - Modded

Comment

They quoted me 400+vat for de-cat and system

Hoping to have the money at end of jan, but failing that will be end of Feb, cos i have to insure my Golf this month and tax it, then tax the audi next month!! money money money!!
      Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
      2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Is that 'de-cat' job going to swap the two CATs for straight pipes or is it removing the restrictive 2:1 plumbing from the ABY setup ?

My CATs are going south I think so I was toying with the idea of getting 1 or 2 sports CATs fitted in conjunction with a shiny new freeflowing exhaust system.

I don't want to go CAT-free 'cos I can't be arsed swapping pipes for annual MOT purposes and want to keep the car 100% legit. Also the drastic reduction in back pressure with a CAT free system might encourage my aging K24 to start smoking. An RS2-esque upgrade is a long way off so don't anyone dare suggest that I should also replace the turbo

So does anyone know the following :

1. Does one sports CAT flow better than two standard CATs ?

2. Has anyone compared the physical size of any sports CATs with the standard item - as I'm concerned about ground clearance ?

Cheers,

Paul

PS - And happy holidays to one and all - I've been deliberately avoiding cars and computers for a whole week just to get my head showered and concentrate on the other things in life !
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Paul , ask Marco , he already wrote about it in Zer....... thread. Cannot spell it propertly
          Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Working...
          X