Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 Airbox installed

Hey folks,

This weeks addition is the fitment of an RS2 airbox. As mentioned in numerous prior threads, the RS2 airbox differs in 4 main areas:

1. The air intake port is approx 50% larger
    2. The engine side is larger (apparently this helps air flow)
    3. The air intake side is smaller (thus external dimensions remain the same)
    4. There is less heat sheilding around the manifold bolt and the MAF

Also, the air sheild behind the headlight is a different part, since the changes in both size and position of the air intake horn require a new (or modified sheild)

The first thing to notice when installed is the increase in noise. It is a noticeable change, although not too intrusive (not as loud as an open air filter), but is just a bit deeper and louder than standard. :mischeif: This is running with the S2 air sheild in place and the RS2 airbox horn removed. I am drawing air from the engine bay as well as through the S2 sheild, so I don't know how it will sound when I get the correct sheild installed.

Secondly, I think (even though I am probably only gaining the odd pony) that there is definately more mid range pick up...what have others experienced?

Finally.....and this is the strange thing .....I have always complained since fitting my boost gauge, that I rarely hit full over boost. By this I mean that it is very rare, in any gear to get the gauge over 1 bar. However, since fitting the RS2 airbox, I get a good 1.15 bar in 4th - 6th and I am seeing at least 1 bar in third

Overall...this gets a jazz DJ rating of....schmoooove

So, what is next before I am ready for some chip treatment? 7A cams?

Cheers n beers

Si
    95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
    Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
    With every option available (except a towball)

Keep up the upgrades, Si !
    Midnight Blue S2 - SOLD - 1993 S2 Avant

Comment

SS exhaust.
      Tim

1995 S2 Avant, ruby red - ** SOLD TO ROSS **
      Golf Rallye G60 ** SOLD **
      Golf MK2 Oaky with R32 engine
      Audi A6 Avant 1.9 TDi 130
      Golf MK2 8v Race car

Comment

Working...