Supersprint Exhaust Systems - Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supersprint Exhaust Systems - Prices

Just got some prices for the supersprint exhaust system as at http://www.supersprint.com/homeuk.htm only seems to be for Avant or Sedan but I guess the downpipe will be the same for the Coupe?

70mm SS

Front pipe and metal CAT - £671+vat
    Centre box - £329 + vat
    Rear box - £349 + vat

Distributors are Eurostyling and they deal with outlets such as Halfords, Motorworld and Motormania so you'd have to been seen in one of these places to pick it up :eek2:

Boxes seem a bit expensive compared to Milltek but the downpipe and cat are about the same price and a much better design in my opinion. Maybe it would be possible to splice a supersprint front and Milltek rear together
    Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Guys,

this past weekend I built a "mould" for the downpipe using the original RS2 one.
    My purpose was to be able to build a downpipe perfectly matching to the original one (expecially in the very tight part going down near the gearbox and then around the right axlearm aluminum shield) at any Ø dimensions up to 3"-1/4, without needing to build it over the car, and up on the ramps.

I still need to figure out how much the building of the two flanges (turbo + WG) could be, but the main advantage is this way I can use any Ø I wish, any turbo outlet flange (including bigger ones or other shapes for Garrets or whatever).
    Knowing eventual exact different position of WG outlet flange and turbo inlet flange compared to RS2 one, I think I could also build custom setup downpipes (see QS headers or others).

I did this to be used in a (hopefully) next future when I would need an upgraded header and turbo, but if there is some interest I could try to accelerate the process and find out how much the thing could be.
    Using #304 SS (which is perfectly suitable for the downpipe) I don't think we could exceed the 250 euros range ( 175 U.K. £).

Any comment please.

Marco

Comment

Put me down for one, Ive been looking around at exhausts and havent decided what to go for yet.

Other than i want a 3" turbo back system with a race cat.

But certainly interested in this one
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Greg,
        the deal I think is due to the fact that, apart from the possibility to make some pieces at very resonable prices, the downpipe is the most difficult part to build in a custom setup and, as far as I know, not very many companyes have an off the shelf 3" SS downpipe for our cars.
        Once having the downpipe with the 3" bend coming out horizontally around the right side axlearm aluminum shield, making a custom line to the back or adapting an aftermarket one would be the easyest part (at least it was for me when I built my actual 3" turbo back one on Christmas 2002).
        You than could also use whatever sport or racing cat-converter you wish for 250-300 euros (175-200 U.K. £).

Will see if I can figure something better out about material costs and dimension options (I think I should be able to find 2"3/4, 3", 3"1/4 pipes and bends). Most of the concern about the flanges, though. Will see.

Marco

Comment

Sounds interesting Marco Keep us posted
          91 Modded 3B
          14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Guys

I'd personally avoid Supersprint exhausts systems as past experience has shown them to be poor in terms of build quality and fit. Admittedly this was about 5 years ago, so unless things have improved drastically since then then I would avoid
            S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Audi Parts Guru
              Guys

I'd personally avoid Supersprint exhausts systems as past experience has shown them to be poor in terms of build quality and fit. Admittedly this was about 5 years ago, so unless things have improved drastically since then then I would avoid
              Strange as I've read some really good things from both BMW and Audi drivers

Comment

I only have heard great things about SuperSprint.
                The downpipe with Cat, they told me is a very new design and just been released.

Supersprint system is 2-3/4 inches and Milltek is 2-1/2 inches so it would be of no use using them together.

If you would like to use the SuperSprint downpipe and you don't want to get custom you have to buy the Complete System if you have and avant or the 70mm (2-3/4 inch) system from www.bn-pipes.de if you have a Coupe. (Very expensive solution)

If not wait till Marco has its downpipe made. Still back box will be a major problem.

For a much cheaper solution, this guy does what appears a very good back box in 2-1/2 inches for 211 Euros VAT included.

His name is Paul and seems a very good person, However he cannot make a 2-3/4 inches or 3 inches back box for the moment.

Maybe if there is a very large group buy for the coupe he could take the time.
                http://homepage.internet.lu/customau...xhaust_sys.htm
                Contact him by mail, very helpfull and quick in answering

Cheers,
                Rafael
                94' RS2 Coupe TT (Twin Torsen )

Comment

Rafael

Cheers for the info. The supersprint middle and back box are far too expensive!

On the Milltek website it seems they claim the S2 Avant system is 76mm (3 inch) can anyone confirm this - Lee? Martyn?

If it is 76mm would it be worth trying to commect it to the 70mm supersprint downpipe and cat? Would the increase in diameter cause a problem?

It seems that my exhuast is blowing from the splitter bit after the downpipe and before the CATs. Need to get it on a ramp to check really.

Ho hum..........

Leigh

Comment

A very good company to deal with ( My family has used them for 20+ years) is JP exhausts in Macclesfield Cheshire.

http://www.jpexhausts.co.uk/index.html

They also make truck exhausts so they are used to big turbos.

They already have exhaust jigs for the S2 and the 7A quattro coupe.

My original factory exhaust hasn't died yet but when it has I will be going there.

Comment

Lee's Milltek system is 3 inches if I remember correctly.

Avant version is 3'' and Coupe is 2,5 inches mainly because of the clearences over the rear diff

Milltek's downpipe is 70mm the same as the SuperSprint, so there is not going to be any problem. Only because the first part of the exhaust is 2-3/4 inches it is going to act like a 2-3/4 inches complete exhaust.

I don't think there is any gain in the Milltek 3'' system over a 70mm system because of the 70mm restriction on the downpipe.

However with the Milltek 3'' system you open a door on the future to get a 3'' turbo downpipe.

Cheers,
                      Rafael
                      94' RS2 Coupe TT (Twin Torsen )

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Insect
                        A very good company to deal with ( My family has used them for 20+ years) is JP exhausts in Macclesfield Cheshire.

http://www.jpexhausts.co.uk/index.html

They also make truck exhausts so they are used to big turbos.

They already have exhaust jigs for the S2 and the 7A quattro coupe.

My original factory exhaust hasn't died yet but when it has I will be going there.
                        Any ideas on prices?

Comment

I've found that off the shelf systems don't always fit perfectly, especially on the Coupe. Going for a 3" system makes clearance over the rear inner CV really tight. I would say the poor fit on some cars is more down to manufacturer tolerance (the cars, not exhaust) or even down to the fact that differences in suspension height, engine height and position on their mounts, differential height and position on their mounts etc.

I have transferred a Scorpion system from one 3B to another, and try as I may, it would NOT fit properly, it was catching the side of the transmission tunnel, as well as knocking against the rear inner CV. I decided to fit it to the original 3B, and lo and behold, a perfect fit.

It would appear the best way to get a decent fit is to have the system custom built on your car, the builder can then take into account the clearances needed for your particular set up. Hayward and Scott in Basildon build superb systems, there always seem to be Scoobys, Skylines and EVos on their ramps. They are building mine, funny thing, they were recommended to me by Dialynx, not exactly local to Swindon!

Siena

Comment

Hi LPHUK2002,

I think a standard system (cat back) is about £350 when I asked 18 months ago. You are best speaking to them about it. Modified systems are not necessarily more expensive, they are made to suit the car for the same price as a jig system. Fitted to the car there is a life-time warranty (that is as long as you own the car).

My brother in law has had one on his Alvis, rover 90, Merc 300Td etc. etc. he comes from Hull to see them.

They don't mind strange stuff, they are all petrol heads. Nothing scares them!

Don't forget if you dump the cat or if you have a very differnt exhaust you will need to re-tune the car. I dumped the cat on my 7a engine and won 5 bhp. Just waiting for the rest of the system to fail but not just yet please.

DW

Comment

DW

Cheers mate I might give them a bell once I've sorted exaclty where mine is blowing from.

I'm going to keep the CATs as a 94 ABY won't get through an MOT without them. I might get the supersprint (with CAT) front and have the rear made by JP.

Or I might see if they can make a header etc and get a CAT from these guys
                              http://www.autocats.com/index.htm they will make a cat to your spec and weld on cones and pipes at each end. Can't remember exactly but it was about £250 for a 100 cell race cat big enough to handle flow for about 300hp

Leigh
                              Last edited by Dr H; 7 January 2004, 17:52.

Comment

Working...
                              X