3b Samco hoses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3b Samco hoses?

Hi all, my S2 (1991) developed a bad boost leak last week and would not pull above 3000rpm in 4th 5th..it was making a loud whoooshing sound , so I read up on here and made a leak test kit and found the leak in no time! thanks for the info on here it was very helpful,however now I've been really looking at the hoses they are not that good and need replacing asap (I made a temp repair on the split hose) where can I get a hose kit ie samco or other,(also what type of small vac pipe is best) I guess Audi hoses are about the same price as Samco ect? your advice please, also when replacing boost hoses should I replace any other parts? if so what part numbers?
    Is there likelyhood of a group buy on 3b hoses? how much cheaper is a group buy?
    Loads of questions I know but I'm sure someone can help me out on here.
    Thanks in advance..Best wishes Alan...(Condor)
    :wave: :thumbs:

I can help, having just recently done the same job as you want to do...

Samco boost hoses are obtainable through Paul Nugent on this forum - however they have to be made in batches so they get done only when there are enough people expressing interest to trigger another batch. Contact Paul to let him know.

The kit includes most of the main hoses, but does not include the 8mm stuff. What you should get for this is the Samco 8mm reinforced stuff (SHL8). This you use for piping to the WGFV etc. It comes in 1metre lengths and you can get from Merlin motorsport www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk

You should also do the legendary MarkH intercooler mod while you're at it. This will fix the inevitable leak you will have around the intercooler where the o-ring has failed. The mod involves buying a Samco reducing hose (I think 70mm to 60mm) and cutting down to fit. Again Merlin can supply. While you're re-plumbing everything it's worth checking that your WGFV works ok. To replace the IC hoses you'll need to take the front bumper off. To make access to the turbo hoses possible, you'll need to remove the airbox. Plan for a good 4+ hours to do the work, and order good strong clips!
    Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Great right up Dan
      Last edited by s2_bo; 31 July 2006, 11:18. Reason: typo
      91 S2 coupé - RIP
      98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Cheers Dan for recommending Merlin Motorsport, I was wondering where to buy the smaller hoses from.

Thanks
        1991 S2 3b, Samco Hoses, RS2 IC, 18'' RS6 Wheels, Forge Dump Valve, Scorpion Exhaust System, Decatted, MRC Remap

Comment

How much of the 8mm hose is required, if it comes in 1 metre lengths, will 1 length do it?
          Thanks
          and if anyone can get hold of Paul to order a new batch can someone let me know, as I have been trying for 6 weeks with no success.....?!
          Thanks guys
          Chris
          Also, as I am in Romania, I will need to get the hose clamps sent out too, anyone have a definitive list of whats required?
          Thanlks again
          Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
          S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
          '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Working...
          X