Exhaust manifold removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust manifold removal

I may attempt to fit the rs2 manifold this w/end, i remember reading that you need to bend a spanner in such a way to get access to one of the nuts, does anyone have a pic of said spanner, so i can get one sorted out.
    dont want to get stuck coz i need to get it all done in a day.
    cheers

12mm spanner bent about an 15mm down from the head ay 45 degrees - I tried to get my nuts off before I removed the head but gave up on 3 (IIRC) under the manifold - I didn't tyry very hard becasue I knew I was taking my head off My nuts weren't on very tight - which was a pleasant surprise.

Be warned though - look at my new thread
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

cheers doug, just spotted your thread, nightmare
      this is what im dredding:wacked:

Comment

Remember when you fit the RS2 manifold you will need shorter studs in some of the holes.

the nuts that are the biggest PITA are just below the main outlet. I didnt have a bendy spanner but a very stubby spanner and a longer one about 8" long. then once they have all been tightened finger tight you go round tightening each bit by bit so as not to pinch the gasket etc.

with the akward one you get about 5-15 degrees with each turn of the spanner and have to alternate between your spanner and the position you do it up from. And expect to have bleeding knuckles by end of it.

Greg
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Working...
        X