Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O2 sensor location

Hey guys!

Quick question, I'm about to begin building the new DP and wanted to ask pros what would be the best location to put O2 sensor bung? Is it better to keep it where OEM DP has it or maybe move it further down, after the WG throat?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

I would add two so you can use a wide band lambda for tuning too
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I will replace the narrowband with a wideband later, as I will switch to a standalone ECU. What would be the better location in that case (considering that I'm still on Motronic for the time being, and will be for some time after exhaust build)?

Comment

No one? OK, I'll just go with the OEM spec then.

Comment

i have 3 fittings. 2 x o2/wb02 and egt.

egt is closest to the turbo. just up from the flange.
          i have a wb02 about 6 inches further down and one at the bottom where the downpipe finishes. both read the same so placing can be either end of dp

Comment

I always had the question, why is it fitted so high from the factory. It basically skips the exhaust gasses from wastegate port. Doesn't it affect the tune/running?

Comment

no. i get same reading from both ends of downpipe.

there may be issues with extra heat on boost or just overall flow change if the sensor was directly in line with the flow of the wastegate.

Comment

Make sure you fit the probe facing up. It they are inverted water can sit in them when the car is cold. You will find details online re best placement, Most seem to be 4-6 inches away from the turbo flange, on or around the first bend.
                91 Modded 3B
                14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Yes, thanks, I've looked on the web a bit about it. 10-2 placement is the best (looking at the clock). Mine will be on the first bend.

Comment

Working...
                  X