Aby Airbox filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aby Airbox filter

I just now have in my aby airbox, paper filter(10€). Does it make difference if i put K&N Filter? Does it also makes a better sound ?
    Last edited by ristokru; 4 August 2017, 09:18.

Hi

K&N do make a different sound, but it's not always more noticeable. There can be a small power gain, but you only really get the best results with a tuned engine.

Cheers

Tim
    Use the code S2F and get 10% Club Discount
    oilman's website for BMW engine oil and much more - register for news and offers
    email: sales@opieoils.co.uk
    phone: 01209 202944

Comment

I had S2 3B airbox with KN filter and in front there was cut on hole and it made good pshhh sound Now i installed ABY Box and it dosent make no sound at all. I need back my pshhh sound!

Comment

the holes help the noise. remove the snorkel from he box

Comment

There were some tests made and the most efficient was an OEM filter... changed regularly it is the best performer... other brand of standard paper filters were tested as well as the 'performance' versions.
          it's on the forum somewhere...
          Last edited by LHD_Kid; 5 August 2017, 09:01. Reason: typo
          Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
          S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
          '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Use the standard filter element. There is no performance gain by using the K&N and it will **** up your MAF. If you want more noise then fit a larger trumpet like the RS2 air box.
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Alex I'm surprised to read your post about Keith & norm. Aka K&N air filters.They must have spent time on r&d so the filter will pass more air. Why would more air mess with the MAF. Surely removing air trumpet or enlarging intake hole would also give more air. I,m just interested in your reasons for reply.kind regards Lynn

Comment

Pretty sure the main reason for issues is that the oiled "performance" filters tend to deposit oil on the MAF wire...
                Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

/\ This

the OEM filter flows enough for 400hp and does a bloody good job of filtering the air
                  So no need anyway. And you don't need to tune for an air filter anyway thats what the MAF is for
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by LSG View Post
                    Alex I'm surprised to read your post about Keith & norm. Aka K&N air filters.They must have spent time on r&d so the filter will pass more air. Why would more air mess with the MAF. Surely removing air trumpet or enlarging intake hole would also give more air. I,m just interested in your reasons for reply.kind regards Lynn
                    I like your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post

Use the standard filter element. There is no performance gain by using the K&N and it will **** up your MAF. If you want more noise then fit a larger trumpet like the RS2 air box.
                      I dont want just now more noise but some noise Its quiet as hell and i dont like it. I like when i can hear also turbo sounds. Yea i know its silly but i like that pshh sound

3b box made very good sound and i tought that aby will make even more but now its like toyata corolla
                      Larger trumpet in one option but then i have to destroy airbox and also i dont know how to exactly install it. Isnt there any more optsions?

Comment

Originally posted by GazzaG60 View Post
                        the holes help the noise. remove the snorkel from he box
                        What snorkel you mean?

Comment

Working...
                        X